Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 AM   #34
yukonm
Administrator

August 31

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

We found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which is God. - Pg. 46 - We Agnostics

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Are you angry or about to get angry? We have learned that only one thing causes anger: not getting what we think we want, need, or deserve. Whether it is attention, money, respect, sex, admiration, things, or security, it means not getting what we think is our just deserts.

As I do what I know is right in any given situation, anger will be replaced with a reliance on my Spiritual Source and that source will provide what I need.

Keeping My Soles in the Room

I will get myself to a meeting today. I won 't go to hear anything life altering or to say anything brilliant. I will just go to keep my soles in the room knowing that my soul will somehow follow, even if I cannot fully see it. I will go to gather my senses, to hear what I hear, to get them emotional or limbic balance that comes when I sit with others like me in a room that is dedicated to telling the truth in a calm way. My limbic or emotional system is balanced by other humans 'read mammals' like me through a phenomenon called limbic resonance. When I sit with a room of calm people my nervous system calms, too. I actually repattern my neurological wiring in this way, I develop pathways for experiencing my emotions calmly by being around others who are doing that.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Relapse is part of recovery: NOT! What the fellowships say is keep coming back SOBER.- Members warn of the very real danger of that last relapse: stepping in front of a car or bus, overdosing, being institutionalized, and death! The truth is, any relapse can be your last. Never kid yourself, relapse is part of the disease process, not part of our recovery process.

I do not help people work on their recovery by OKing working on their disease. OK.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

It's not what you get from a meeting, it's what you take to a meeting.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I respect my body, mind and spirit and am taking care of all three.

I am gentle and nurturing, putting my needs first. Only then can I be well enough to help others with their needs.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I've had some lousy days sober. Some-down-in-the-dirt, drooling-on-myself, miserable low-life ugly days sober - But I've had fifteen and a half wonderful years. - Earl H.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply