Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Do you have peace in your life?

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION:

Do you have peace in your life?

Do you even know what peace is? Maybe you have heard other Christians talk about it, maybe you even prayed for it, but you are not sure if you have ever experienced it or how to be able to live in peace.

Most of the time people will pray for peace when they find themselves in a stressful time in their lives. They worry, they are anxious about certain things; they are restless, uneasy, afraid. Maybe it has to do with finances, health issues, jobs, relationships or simply the drama that some people seem to have in their lives. Whatever the cause may be, it certainly doesn’t create a state of mind I would want to live in for any period of time. And while there seem to be some people who appear to be unable to live without those type of things, most of us have a natural longing for the total opposite: we want peace in our lives.

So what exactly is peace?

To me it is a state of mind where I don’t have to worry. Not only do I not have to worry, I just don’t do it. When I feel God’s peace, it is like a natural, God-given high. And there are no negative side effects.

When we find ourselves in difficult situations, we are quick to “lose” our peace. We are uneasy, we are restless, we worry, we are afraid, can’t sleep because our problems seem to be piling up, etc.

I will let you in on a little secret: You didn’t “lose” your peace in the way that you have to go find it again, or pray for God to give it to you, because He already did that. If you are a born again believer and have been baptized (filled with) in the Holy Spirit, you have peace and it isn’t going anywhere, no matter what your circumstances look like.

“Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]” John 14:27 AMP.

Jesus gave you His peace, it is in you, it is a part of you. You don’t have to ask for it, it is already there.

“But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].” Galatians 5:22-23 AMP.

Peace was a gift to you and with the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of you as your helper and comforter, you always have access to it, you may just have lost sight of it because you are too focused on your problems.

So next time you want to ask God for peace because you “lost” it again, ask Him instead to help you enjoy His perfect peace, especially when things are not going well for you. You will overcome all your issues much quicker that way, as if you were throwing yourself yet another pity-party, which accomplishes absolutely nothing at all. And yes, I am preaching to myself here as well.

Jelena Anderson

Your testimony of what Jesus’ Blood has done on your behalf conquers Satan and renders him HELPLESS AND HOPELESS! ~Malene Mendoza~

Lord, I pray that You help me enjoy Your perfect peace in my life. Help me to focus my eyes on You instead of my problems, for You are in control of my situation and You are bigger than anything that might come against me. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply