Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-30-2024, 09:42 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

Psalm 71:19 19 Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens, you who have done great things. Who is like you, God?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Matthew 5:16 – Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 7:15

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. — Proverbs 10:19

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Proverbs 19:21 21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

Ephesians 4:15 “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2024, 09:03 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

Romans 5:1 – Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 17:8 – Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:17)

Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval. John 6:27
Old 05-02-2024, 08:46 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

Proverbs 16:9 9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. John 3:16

“You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, His way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless” - 2 Samuel 22:29-31

Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in everything; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Isaiah 12:2a – Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid.

1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
Old 05-03-2024, 06:12 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Proverbs 13:10 10 Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Romans 7:15-25 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

ROMANS 8:26 NKJ 26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1 Corinthians 15:33 33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

“faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. Hebrews 11:1-2

“And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.” Romans 8:38a

Psalm 5:3 – In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

1 Peter 5:6 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Old 05-04-2024, 08:17 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

Philipians 2:1-4 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34

Psalm 56:3-4 3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Psalm 34:17-18 – The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

2 Chronicles 20:21b – Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.

2 Chronicles 7:14 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Old 05-05-2024, 07:23 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

1 John 5:1-5 1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8

Exodus 15:2a – The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25

Ephesians 5:2 Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Old 05-06-2024, 08:36 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

Psalm 37:4 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

John 14:21 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Psalm 16:1 1 Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:14-15)

James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
Old 05-07-2024, 07:46 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

James 1:2-6 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Romans 12:4-8 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 121:2 – My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Ephesians 6:10b – Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. — Proverbs 17:1

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Psalms 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Old 05-08-2024, 08:23 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalm 100:5 ‘For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.’

Romans 12:9-10 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Isaiah 26:12 12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

Colossians 4:5-6 “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
Old 05-09-2024, 07:03 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4

1 John 1:7-9 – But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 – For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

"Cast all your cares on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

Luke 12:34 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:13 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

James 1:2-5 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 – Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.

Galatians 2:20 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

'“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Job 33:4 4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:37 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

But let all who take refuge in you [O Lord] be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. —Psalm 5:11

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. — Proverbs 16:32

Deuteronomy 30:16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

2 Corinthians 9:8 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Old 05-12-2024, 07:28 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Isaiah 46:4 – Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

1 Thessalonians 5:12 – Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you.

Matthew 24:35 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

"Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him." (Deuteronomy 30:20 NIV)

Proverbs 21:29 – A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways.

Isaiah 60:1 – Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matt 6:21 NKJV).

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. — Proverbs 16:32

2 Corinthians 9:8 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. Romans 8:38
Old 05-13-2024, 09:17 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Proverbs 4:23-27 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. 24 Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. 25 Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. 26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. 27 Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

1 Peter 5:7-11, “Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you. Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking some one to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, and strengthen you. To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”

“My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” Psalm 62:7

Isaiah 30:20-22 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 22 Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Psalm 119:114-117 114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. 115 Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! 116 Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed. 117 Uphold me, and I will be delivered; I will always have regard for your decrees.

Luke 11:9-10 – And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalms 143:10 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Psalm 119:9-11 – How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Amos 5:14 – Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret. — Proverbs 11:13

Psalm 32:10 NIV Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Post New ThreadReply