Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #61
willbe275

A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side."

Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't know."

"You don't know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?"

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side of which came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness. Turning to the patient, the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog? He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...I know my Master is there and that is enough.

W.O.W.101
willbe275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willbe275 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #62
willbe275

There are some people that I'm in awe of. They are always in a good mood and always have something positive to say. My ex Mother in Law is one of these people I have had the fortune of having in my life. Every time I would ask her how she was doing, she would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!" She was a natural spiritual motivator. While visiting her one of many times my son was having a particular negative and all around bad day. I was beside myself on how to handle him. She asked me if she could have a talk with him and I said a definite, "YES." I watched her go to him as I had seen her do with so many others around her and with her amazing grace and humbleness she started quietly talking with him. I could not hear what she was saying but within minutes he immediately became calmer and went about his day with a positive outlook and seemed to be glowing the rest of that day and many more days after that.
Having a particular bad day myself once I finally went to her and in and almost in tears said to her, " I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it? What's your secret of being such a positive person every day?"She replied to me, "There's no secret Hon, each morning I wake up and say to myself, I have two choices today. I can choose to be in a good mood or I can choose to be in a bad mood. So every day I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens in my life I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone complains I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life.
"Choose the positive side of life every day? Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested. "
Yes, it is,"She said."Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to all situations.
You can choose how people affect your mood. You can choose to be in a good mood or a bad mood. The bottom line is it's your choice how you live your life."
I have reflected on what she shared with me many days since then.
I think of her often sometimes daily especially when I've not made a positive choice upon wakening. I often start my days over during the day as did my son that day and make a choice about living a positive day and then I act in life instead of reacting to it. I then remember that I do have the choice to live fully. Thank you God for giving me the gift of choice. Thank God for my Ex Mother in Law who taught me how to live. Attitude, after all, is everything. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough troubles of its own." After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

W.O.W.101
Old 04-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #63
willbe275

I just wanted to re share this, I'm trying real hard to practice this in my daily walk.

Do I trigger gossip? ______ Personal inventory.
There is a saying that "listening to gossip is gossip". How true! If there were no listeners, there would never be any gossip.
Some of us who pride ourselves in refraining from gossip may still have a problem with it. It's possible we still keep our ears open for any juicy gossip that could fall our way. We might also "shake the tree" if we believe another person has some gossip to share with us. This is done in seemingly innocent ways, sometimes just by mentioning the name of a person to another who may have strong opinions to express.
The harm of gossip lies in what we do to ourselves when we engage in it. There is no way we can continue to have spiritual growth if we practice gossip, even as passive listeners. Spiritual growth takes place within us, and it needs an environment completely free of an ill will.
Let's beware of any tendency to say things that induce others to gossip. At the same time, let's tune out gossip that seems to occur spontaneously. Gossip is the enemy of the growth we desire.
It is a real relief to know that today I have no desire to spread gossip or listen to it. This includes things I might read in magazines or newspapers.

W.O.W101
Old 06-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #64
willbe275

Thought 4 2day. Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you. Gossip can kill the trust in any relationship. We all need to feel safe when we share our personal lives with others. We need to know our private business won't be spread around

W.O.W101
Old 07-25-2015, 05:39 PM   #65
willbe275

In the seasons there lies a secret insight, a hidden key that is seen through the lens of the parallel realm of spiritual contemplation: Rejoice in the beauty of summer without fearing it's end.The cold death that expresses itself as winter is but a passage leading to summer's rebirth. That is why the colors of autumn leaves become so multi-colored and vibrant before blending into the gray chasm of winter's approach-rather than preparing to mourn, the trees are celebrating the onset of a transformational sleep that will gradually awaken them into a beautiful rebirth.Dark passages in life must not be confused with final destinations.Trust in the designs and pathways constructed by God, and joy will always return.

By: Lucy

W.O.W. 101
Old 10-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #67
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

We are granted a second chance at life, why not enjoy it? If you aren't enjoying life, ask yourself, "What am I doing wrong?"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply