Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week, words beginning with the letter "D"

D is for Develop. Develop a relationship with your Higher Power, your Sponsor, and I was told, with myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Divine. Look for the divine good in yourself and others. It is my firm believe that the spirit of God (of your understanding), resides in each of us. When I daily take time to meditate and connect with the Spirit within, I am given the Good Orderly Direction that I need each day to stay clean and sober. Many substance can take away my soundness of mind if I allow it to take up space in my head and I act out on it's desire instead of the Divine goodness from my Higher Power.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Do. Easy does it, but do it!!! It is about following thought with action. Not doing everything at once, spacing yourself and not tiring yourself out. Give yourself a treat but DON'T spoil yourself rotten!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Dance. Get into the rythmn of life. Our timing can be off and we need to ground ourselves. I was told to rub my feet on a carpet. What better way to do it than get up and do a little jig and get the parts jangling. There is a book called Dance of Anger, which was recommended to me. Working and touching the ground with your feet and hands are good for you. Get in touch with nature and look at the Creator's Handiwork.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 07-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Drunk. I can have a dry drunk without picking up a drink. When I don't make changes in my life, I stay the same if I just put a cork in the jug. If I don't apply the steps, I may not be drunk, but I will continue to act out in my disease.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 03-03-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Don't! Don't pick up a drink or a drug in today. Just for today, I choose not to use. Don't beat myself up! I couldn't find recovery until I was willing to work the AA program for myself. I had to get honest with myself and take off the blanket of denial. I had to open my mind to other concept other than my own "I am the great I am, don't you know" attitude I walked around with. I don't have to pick up those masks in today.

Don't pick up a drug, pick up a daisy and give someone a hug.

http://en.heilkraeuter.net/herbs/daisy.htm

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:11 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Dominion. I will share with you a story my mother told me when I was a child that I never forget. Some of you may not be old enough remember the punch line.

"Mommy, why don't we pray for Loblaws?" We don't pray for those kind of things dear. Well the minister said, "Pray for Power and Dominion, why can't he pray for other grocery stores.

God Has Given Us Dominion
Genesis chapter one explains in the beginning God gave dominion to man.
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.” Gen 1:26-28 (RSV)

https://z3news.com/w/bible-studies/g...n-us-dominion/

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Develop. Develop a working relationship with your Higher Power and with your sponsor. Develop a program that works for you. Don't be afraid to add extra meetings, meditations, journaling, extra support people, and anything else that will allow you to strengthen and grow in the Fellowship of the Spirit.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 03-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #13
dwmoeller

D is for Daily Meditation. It is important to develop a routine of spending time in meditation daily. There is a lot of material to read that will keep up grounded in your program of recovery. You could also spent some of the meditation time praying to your Higher Power.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Old 03-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Deep. Sometimes we have to dig deep into the root of our problems. Many issues originate in our past, things we were not able to grieve or deal with when we were in active addiction. Some things we haven't completely let go of and there is a thread connecting us to the past and in order to have health and well being in today, we need to cut the thread and let go and let our God show us the way or do it for us. We often expect God to fix everything right away and we forget to do our part. Expectations can be killers. We forget that we need to accept things in today, in order to change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:18 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Deliver. My God delivered me from myself. He didn't go away, I did. He had my back, many times I should have been dead. He brought me out of the depths of despair and gave me hope for a better tomorrow. So far, He has delivered and kept His word when it comes to the promises of recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply