Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

July 27, 2017

Amends
Now we go out to our fellows and repair the damage done in the past. We attempt to sweep
away the debris which has accumulated out of our effort to live on self-will and run the show ourselves.
If we haven’t the will to do this, we ask until it comes.
Remember it was agreed at the beginning we would go to any lengths for victory over alcohol.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 76

Thought to Ponder
It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them.

AA-related 'Alconym'
A A = Accountable Actions.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Way of Life
"The AA way of life is the way we always
should have tried to live.
'Grant us the serenity to accept the things
we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.'
These thoughts become part of our daily lives.
They are not ideas of resignation
but of the recognition of certain
basic facts of living."
1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 382-3

Thought to Consider . . .
Every day is a gift.
That is why we call it the present.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
B E S T = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Progress
>From "A Glacier Melts":
"A.A. provided for me a means by which I could overcome the compulsion to drink and, more important, a means by
which I could achieve a personality change or spiritual awakening--- a surrender to life. Though I have had problems
and deep troubles since that summer ten years ago, my faith has not been shaken. I cannot say that I have found God
as I understand Him, but rather that I have faith in Something which remains a mystery to me and which I continue to
seek. - Fresno, California, USA"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 59

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"The great art of living is to make the best of things as they are."
Cumbria, June 1975
"The Great Art of Living,"
Emotional Sobriety II

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Step Eleven suggests prayer and meditation. We shouldn't be shy on this matter of prayer. Better men than we are
using it constantly."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 85

“We thank God from the bottom of our heart that we know Him better."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 75

“Prayer is the raising of the heart and mind to God – and in this sense it includes meditation.”
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 102

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We were squarely confronted with the question of faith. We couldn't duck the issue. Some of us had already walked
along the bridge of reason toward the desired shore of faith, where friendly hands stretched out in welcome. We were
grateful that reason had brought us so far. But, somehow, we couldn't quite step ashore. Perhaps we had been relying
too heavily on reason that last mile, and we did not like to lose our support.
Yet, without knowing it, had we not been brought to where we stood by a certain kind of faith? For did we not believe in
our own reasoning? Did we not have confidence in our ability to think? What was that but a sort of faith? Yes, we had
been faithful, abjectly faithful to the god of reason. So, in one way or another, we discovered that faith had been
involved all the time!

Prayer for the Day: "Higher Power, help me serve other people, not demand that they serve me."
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply