Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - October

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves. —Colossians 1:13

Matthew 5:11-12 - 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty—he is the King of glory. Psalm 24:10
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

Today’s Scripture: James 1:26 (NLT): If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is the most powerful and dangerous weapon we have. We can either choose to build each other up or tear each other down with it. Which will you choose to do today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me keep my tongue under control today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. —Psalm 5:11

Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:22

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. John 11:25
Old 10-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

1 Peter 1:3
Praise to God for a Living Hope

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Old 10-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Matthew 9:13 "But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
Old 10-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Let all that I am praise the Lord. Psalm 103:22
Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

1 John 2:17 — The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

When our attachment to possessions is strong, it is hard to believe that what we want will one day pass away. It may be even harder to believe that the person who does the will of God will live forever. But this was John's conviction based on the facts of Jesus' life, death, resurrection and promises. Knowing that this evil world and our desires for its pleasures will end can give us courage to control our greedy, self-indulgent behavior and to continue doing God's will.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. —Romans 5:1-2

Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Ephesians 5:1

How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. 2 Samuel 7:22
Old 10-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you — majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? —Exodus 15:11

Psalm 63
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
1 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23:19
Old 10-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. —Exodus 15:13

Isaiah 43:11-12 - 11 I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. 12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.

Psalm 27:7,9-10 NIV Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. ... Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 John 4:11-16

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
Old 10-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge ... —Psalm 91:4

Deuteronomy 13:4 - 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

Proverbs 19:20-21 - 20 Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. 21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1
Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

Today’s Scripture: James 2:24-26 (NLT): So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

Today’s Thought: We should look for opportunities to bless people on a daily basis. Something as simple as helping someone carry a bag of groceries out may have a huge impact. Ask God to lead you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put someone in my path who I can bless today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth. —Psalm 96:9

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Romans 12:3-5 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

"...I am the LORD, and I do not change." Malachi 3:6
Old 10-12-2015, 09:10 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19

John 14:16-21

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21
Old 10-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Deuteronomy 8:1-4 — Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors. Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.

It's usually easy for us to take God's protection for granted. We seldom take notice or thank God when our car doesn’t break down, our clothes don’t rip, or our tools don’t break. The people of Israel also failed to take notice, it seems, for they didn’t even notice that in forty years of wandering in the desert, their clothes didn’t wear out and their feet didn’t swell. Thus, they did not remember to give thanks to God for these blessings. What has been working well for you? What has been giving you good service? What has been lasting for a long time without breaking down or apart? Remember to thank God for these quiet blessings!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
Old 10-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

Today’s Scripture: James 3:6-10 (NLT): And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.

People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

Today’s Thought: The tongue causes more damage than one can fathom. Each day we need to carefully guard & pray over our tongue.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put a guard over my tongue. Help me to speak life instead of death. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 4:29-32 —Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4
Old 10-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. —Proverbs 18:24

2 Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one. John 10:28-30
Post New ThreadReply