Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - March 31

We should wake up every day and say, "Lord, today, I want to be about Your business. What do you want me to do?" – Robert J. Morgan

God is a God of mercy and compassion.

No matter what storm you face… God loves you. He has not abandoned you. Franklin Graham

Here’s the good news: no matter how old or young, how rich or poor, how popular or unpopular, how together or messed up, it is never too late for you, too, to have a genuine encounter with God. --Rocky Henriques

Jesus reminds us to give. When we give out of a generous and loving spirit, a “good measure” will come to us. That good measure can come to us as a sense of joy and satisfaction when we show love to others. When we acknowledge that we have learned something about sharing and live out that lesson, when we give expecting nothing in return, God can take our gifts and use them to offer someone else abundant life. Good measure comes when we realize that giving from the heart has its own reward.

Sometimes in life we find ourselves in dark, tunnel-like situations that leave us terrified and exhausted. When we hold strong to our faith, God can guide us out of our troubles by giving us a speck of light to focus on. Ultimately, these experiences make us stronger emotionally and spiritually. God is with us in our struggles today.

Jesus reminds us that prayer is not about perfect words, but rather a heart inclined toward God. Prayer fosters an inner peace that enables us to persevere even when we can’t answer every “why” question. It develops trust that God will provide all that we need and reminds us that forgiveness is a daily gift. Prayer shapes a desire for God’s kingdom rather than our own. In times of uncertainty, let's pray to God.

We all have experienced sudden disruptions in our lives — the kind that no call to an ordinary service worker could fix. In these moments we need help that only the Lord can provide. And we can trust that when we call to God in prayer, no matter the time or place, God is there for us. And to God we can always say, “Thank you for being here.” God is always ready to listen to us.

When we show kindness to others, we show kindness to Christ.

God needs no monument to declare God’s greatness. Creation and the Lord’s handiwork are there for all to see. From creation, we know God is the Almighty One, who is ever-present and loves and protects us with power and grace.

It was the early 1950s.
Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with the look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store. She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries. She softly explained that her husband was very ill and unable to work, they had seven children and they needed food. John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested that she leave his store.
Visualizing the family needs, she said, "Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can." John told her he could not give her credit, as she did not have a charge account at his store. Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard the conversation between the two.
The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family. The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, "Do you have a grocery list?"
Louise replied, "Yes sir."
"Okay" he said, "put your grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries." Louise hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it.
Then she laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully, with her head still bowed. The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement when the scales went down and stayed down. The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the customer and said begrudgingly, "I can't believe it." The customer smiled and the grocer started putting groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not balance so he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more. The grocer stood there in utter disgust.
Finally, he grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement. It was not a grocery list; it was a prayer which said: "Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in Your hands."
The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered and stood in stunned silence. Louise thanked him and left the store.
The customer handed the $50 bill to the grocer and said, "It was worth every penny of it."
Only God knows how much a prayer weighs. --Author Unknown

P.U.S.H. Author Unknown
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This the man did, day after day.
For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the adversary decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man's weary mind:
"You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it." Thus giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough." And that is what he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.
"Lord" he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"
The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all, your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push, and now you come to me, with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so?
Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock."
At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him.... By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.
P.U.S.H!
When everything seems to go wrong,...just P.U.S.H.!
When the job gets you down,...just P.U.S.H.!
When people don't react the way you think they should,...just P.U.S.H.!
When your money looks funny and the bills are due,...just P.U.S.H.!
When you want to tell them off for whatever the reason,...just P.U.S.H.!
When people just don't understand you,...just P.U.S.H.!
P.U.S.H - Pray Until Something Happens!!!!!

Smacked With Your Back Pack By Ron Hutchcraft
OK, backpacks are basically a good thing. They make it possible for you to carry some essentials while you keep your hands free, right? But backpacks are not always a good thing, especially when you forget you're wearing one! I've seen a lot of the dangerous side of backpacks, especially in airports and airplanes. You see, you get used to your body ending at a certain point, and you navigate through a crowd knowing where the "oops, I bumped you" point is. Now you add a backpack and suddenly you have enlarged what is commonly known as your space, but you continue to navigate crowds and narrow places as if you had the same old parameters. So you got to turn around and "aahh," you clobber someone behind you or next to you! I mean, its one thing to carry your load, it's another thing to hit someone else with it!
Our word for today from the Word of God comes from 1 Peter 3:9-11. We've all got some baggage - the emotional kind that is. The question is, is the baggage you're carrying hurting other people? 1 Peter 3:9 says this: "Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing ... 'Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.'" And then verse 15 tells us why it's important to not do or say things that will hurt other people or cause conflict; why we should have positive talk, and wholesome talk, why we should pursue peaceful relationships, doing good for people. Here's the reason. 1 Peter 3:15, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..."
Now, what is going to attract people to your Jesus? Your hope it says. They're going to want to ask about your hope! They'll be curious about what makes you such a positive person, a joyful person. But they're not going to see hope if you keep hitting them with the negative stuff you're carrying. Maybe you're carrying a backpack full of stress and pressure and you're stressing out everybody; you're dumping your stress on them!
It could be that your backpack is full of victim feelings and the people around you just keep getting hit with your self-pity, your complaining, your anger. That's what they get when they get near you. Or are people getting smacked with your critical mouth, your negative attitude, your all too frequent bad moods? It's one thing for you to be carrying that load around, but you're going too far when it's hitting other people!
God uses words like "keep from, turn from," to describe what we ought to do with our negative sinful baggage. Actually, someone else wants to carry your backpack. Later in this book, 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your care upon Him because He cares for you." The Lord Himself is asking, "What are you carrying all that for? Why don't you bring it all to me? Lay it down at My feet. Let Me carry it." If you'll let go of that stuff, you can become the hope person you're called to be that lost people around you desperately need to see. They need to see hope, not heaviness, in you.
You probably didn't mean for your attitudes to hit anyone else, you may not even be aware of the hurt sometimes, but this is a wakeup call. Too many people have been smacked with your back pack - usually the people closest to you. Once you've given your load to your awesome Savior, not only can you stop hitting other people with your load, you can actually reach out and help others to let go of theirs!

The Secret to Defeating Fear: Let God Fight Your Battles by Joyce Meyer
You shall not need to fight in this battle; take your positions, stand still, and see the deliverance of the Lord [Who is] with you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Fear not nor be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you. 2 Chronicles 20:17
All of us face various kinds of battles in our lives. No one escapes problems and challenges, which we often call “the storms of life.” The good news is that God already knows what He will do when we face difficulties. He has a plan to bring us victory. Second Chronicles 20 tells us that we do not need to fight our own battles because our battles belong to the Lord, not to us. All we need to do is take our positions and remain in them until our breakthroughs come.
What is that position? I believe it is worshipping God.
Unless we have a strong faith in God, anytime a storm comes into our lives, the first thing that happens is that we lose our peace and begin to feel fear. Our enemy, Satan, injects “what if” thoughts into our heads, and we often begin to think we will have the worst possible outcome.
As soon as this happens, we should realize what’s going on: The enemy is trying to keep us from going forward in God’s will and experiencing His good plans for our lives. God wants us to be totally free from fear. He doesn’t want us to live in torment, and He doesn’t want fear to stop us from confidently doing what He leads us to do.
When we have a deep understanding of God’s perfect, unconditional love for us, we realize He will always take care of everything that concerns us. That knowledge eventually delivers us from fear. As we gain experience with God and see that He always takes care of us and provides what we need, we begin to relax.
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]. 1 John 4:18
God moves on our behalf when we focus on Him instead of our fears. Thoughts or feelings of fear are nothing more than the enemy’s attempt to distract us from God and His will for our lives. We may feel fear at various times in our lives, but we can trust God. And if we need to do something, even though we feel afraid, we can do it.
This “do it afraid” theory is something God began teaching me years ago. I saw that when He told Joshua to “fear not” (see Joshua 8:1), He was actually warning him that fear would try to stop him from moving ahead with God’s plan for his life; instead of letting fear control him, he needed to be strong and full of courage and to keep going forward. He needed to fight and win the battle against fear so he could experience the victory of fulfilling God’s plan and enjoy everything God had for him.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV
When we feel fear or begin to have fearful thoughts, the first thing we should do is pray. I often say, “Pray about everything and fear nothing.” We should set ourselves to seek God until we know we have overcome our fears mentally and emotionally. As we seek God, we are focusing on Him instead of our fears. We worship Him for Who He is and express our appreciation for the good He has done, is doing, and will continue to do.
God has new opportunities and great things in store for us. To receive them, we will need to take extra steps of faith. That often means doing things we don’t feel like doing or may not even think will work. Our trust and reverence for God must be greater than what we think, want, or feel.
The enemy brings all kinds of storms into our lives. He also tries to use fear in many different forms to keep us from experiencing everything God has for us. Even though we may feel fear, we need to focus our attention on God. He has a battle plan for us, and He will give us courage and faith to receive the peace, victories and blessings He has for us.
If our lives are filled with plenty of praise for God’s mighty acts and worship for Who God is, we will see Him fight our battles for us and we will experience joyful victories.
This Week's Scripture: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17
How to Gain Spiritual Ground: God has good things in store for you, and you access them by putting your faith completely in Him. When fear whispers, “You can’t do this because you’re too weak, inexperienced, hurt, or broken.” Faith shouts, “I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me!” (Philippians 4:13). When fear echoes, “You’re worthless.” Faith reasserts, “I am fearfully and wonderfully made!” (Psalm 139:14 NIV). Believe by faith that all things are possible with God—He can do great things for you and through you!
Study Suggestion: This week, make notes about any wrong or negative thoughts that float in to your mind. Begin searching the Bible for the truth. Practice casting down wrong thoughts, using God’s Word as your weapon!

The Deeps by Lynne Phipps
This spring has brought many days of snow. Almost daily it continues to accumulate. And now the deeps have come. The white fluff has risen to the point of making it difficult to manoeuver the driveway, the paths, the corral. And for my small dog, Sienna, the deeps literally mean being overwhelmed by snow. As I turn around to see where she is, the snow is crowding around her chest and neck. The only way that she can continue is for me to bend down and pluck her out of the depth.
Psalm 30:1 – I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. (NIV)
Like Sienna in the snow, I have often felt overwhelmed by the deep places and circumstances in life.
When we first purchased our present home, the owner had been untruthful concerning repairs done to the roof, and within our first two months, as residents, it required $30,000 in repairs. We did not have $30,000.
I also worked at a job where for three years I was bullied constantly. I fought despair daily, but there were no other employment opportunities, and I needed to work.
A family member betrayed us, and we lost our home. We wondered where we would go or what we would do with the limited funds that remained.
Yes, I am familiar with the deeps, as I'm sure you are, too. In fact, you may be in the deeps right now. You may be wondering how you will go on, how you will get out of or through the situation. If this is true, then I encourage you to do what the Lord encouraged me to do amidst the deeps: thank Him in all things, for He is aware of your situation and He is able to help you.
Psalm 28:7 – The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. (NIV)
Dwell on the hope which is yours in Christ Jesus, not on the deeps which surround you. By so doing, your heart will, one beat at a time, indeed begin to leap for joy and thanksgiving as you place your faith anew in God's goodness and mercy. His answer may not come immediately, but wait for Him, and it will come. The situation may be a long and slow journey to overcome, but don't give up. Keep going, and you will be an overcomer. In the end, your song will be like the psalmist's:
Psalm 30:11-12 – You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks for ever. (NIV)
Prayer: Lord God, how good it is to praise and thank You amidst any and all situations. We may not always understand the why of what is happening, but we can always know and trust in the truth of Your Word and the promise of Your helping and saving presence to be with us always. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.

He Is the Light! by Tom
Let’s talk about light.
I make no claim to be an expert on the history of light, but I know we are indebted to Thomas Edison for inventing the electric light bulb. Although there is evidence that before Edison, British inventors were demonstrating that electric light was possible with the arc lamp. Everything becomes much clearer when we have access to more light.
But when it’s dark, when there are no overhead lights, what do we do for illumination?
Before smart phones, if you wanted to see where you were going in the dark, you needed a flashlight. Before the flashlight, lanterns were the best way to overcome the darkness. Before the lantern, one may have used a candle. Before the candle, a torch might have been the light of choice. Before the torch…well, I am not sure what was used. There were probably a lot of stubbed toes and bruised heads. The point should be clear; if it is dark, you need light.
You need light when you are trying to navigate the darkness. But sometimes, just having a light is not enough.
For example, in a dimly lit restaurant, you can see, but maybe not well. You may need to move the menu closer to the candle to read it. Or, it is not uncommon to see people pull out their smart phones to help them see the menu better.
You may be in a room with a television on and a lamp on the table next to you. There is light, but if you decide to read the newspaper or a book, you may need more.
When I am in my bedroom looking for socks to wear, I may need additional light to tell which one is black and which one is blue. If the overhead light is not enough, I hold them under the lamp. If this still is not sufficient, I open the window shade to let the sunlight come through. Then, I can easily distinguish between to two colors. The sun is the true light. The Son of God is the true light.
John uses this kind of imagery when he describes Jesus.
There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. (John 1:6-13, NIV)
The people had been waiting for and looking for the Light of God to come into the world. There were others who had come claiming they were the light or that they had the light. So it was only natural that those seeking it would go to John the Baptist to find out if he was the true light. John clarifies it when he tells them, “He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.”
Then he says, “The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him”. Jesus is the true light. John could only point to the true light. He could provide some light, but he could not give the light that everyone was seeking, nor did he claim he could.
As it was in Jesus’ time, people are looking for more light today. A light that can reveal what is true, what is real and right.
People themselves can at times be the darkness that surrounds us and can be oppressive and depressing. In His sermon Jesus tells us that we are the “light of the world.” But we can only be the light when we have seen the light.
Jesus is the light. Jesus is the true light. Jesus is the One who can illuminate our path in the darkness. Jesus can bring light into our dark world. That is what He came to do. That is what He wants to do.
That is why I want you to know Jesus. He is the light! Move toward the light.

He Knows How You Feel
I’ve heard people say, “Why talk to God about my problems? He can’t understand.” According to the Bible--he can! The writer of Hebrews says, “he himself has shared fully in all our experience of temptation, except that he never sinned” (Hebrews 4:15 Phillips).
He himself! Jesus himself shared fully, not partially, but entirely! In all our experience; every hurt; all the stresses and strains; with no exceptions! Why? So he could sympathize with our weaknesses.
Every page of the Gospels hammers home this crucial principle: your God gets you! God knows how you feel. When you tell God you’ve reached your limit, he knows what you mean. When your plans are interrupted by people who have other plans, he nods in empathy. He has been there. He gets you. He knows how you feel! From Max on Life

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
When uncertainty seems to abound, it is more important than ever for you to be certain about what you believe. Your relationship with Me, says the Lord, must be solid. And, your efforts to make your calling and election sure is of utmost significance. Put forth an earnest and strenuous attempt to establish yourself securely in My kingdom. 2 Peter 1:10-11 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I heard the word "obsequious" in my spirit. Then, I heard the Lord say, "Compliance to My word is to your advantage. I have set definitive boundaries through My written word by which you can thrive and prosper if you will be obedient. Set yourself to be a doer and not just a hearer, and you will find yourself in safe and blessed habitations." James 1:23-25 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

You are about to shift from what you deemed important, or even vital to your life, to a value system that reflects spiritual reality more completely. The shift will be subtle enough that you might not be aware of it until some time passes. You are receiving spiritual training through the things you suffer and have suffered. Do not lose balance in this time, says the Lord. Hebrews 5:8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

In a vision I saw a giraffe with its long neck stretched up to eat the most delicate and scrumptious new growth at the top of a tree. And, like the giraffe, we are stretching way up to devour the fresh word of truth by the Spirit. And, I heard the Lord say: Don't stop reaching. This is a time of excitement and revelation that will bring new spiritual experience, which will need to be defined and stabilized by My Word, says the Lord. 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Take a breath and regroup. Evaluate your life experience according to what has worked and what has not. This evaluation will bring understanding and perspective. Then, you can make necessary adjustments to bring order. You cannot prosper in all things when you overlook aspects of your life that create chaos and result in destruction. Make changes that will be beneficial, says the Lord. 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Refuse the temptation to get discouraged. Discouragement will kill your faith faster than anything, but you must stay strong in your mental attitude and in faith. Refresh yourself in the truth of My Word, which is still for you today. Life conditions and circumstances can lead you away from your relationship with Me, says the Lord, unless you stay strong spiritually. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come to Me with faith and hope. Come to Me with expectation. Come to Me and know that the journey I have prepared for you is a far better journey than you yourself can see. Know that in this very specific time frame you can grow spiritually, you can know Me better, you can come and receive the grace, the wisdom, and the joy that I have for you. Come and enjoy Me in this season, says the Lord God.

Follow Me, and I will lead you to the wells of life. I will give the living water to you abundantly. And, I will also feed you with the hidden manna. That which has not been revealed shall indeed become revelation to you, and I shall walk with you in fellowship. You will know Me even more intimately than you know Me today and understand by way of revelation My purposes for this season. I am about to bring you higher than ever you have been before. Come to Me, walk with Me, be one with Me, and drink the waters that I give to you and eat the manna that I feed you. In the days ahead, you will realize what a great treasure is given to you at this time. Follow Me now. Let’s go on a journey, you and I together--a journey of joy in which you will experience the power of My kingdom. On this journey you will have victory over all the works of the enemy, says the Lord Almighty.

THE WILL OF GOD Author Unknown
The will of God will never take you,
Where the grace of God cannot keep you.
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the power of God cannot endow you.
Where the spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the army of God cannot protect you,
Where the hands of God cannot mold you.
Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the mercies of God cannot sustain you,
Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.
Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.

OH MY FATHER, COMFORT ME by Debbie Preuss
You know what it is I've lost
You know how great the cost
Where I've been and where I go
When the waters overflow
When I feel I've lost the key
Oh my Father, comfort me
I am Your child, so I come to You
Lord, I know You'll see me through
When my tears just will not cease
When I'm longing for release
Let me climb upon Your knee
Oh my Father, comfort me
When my life is full of aches
Hold my heart Lord as it breaks
Gather the pieces, make me whole
Lord, to You I give control
Make all doubt and sadness flee
Oh my Father, comfort me
When I cannot see the end
When I'm alone without a friend
As the pain becomes too much
Reach down with Your loving touch
Make the pain and darkness flee
Oh my Father, comfort me
Let me cling Lord, to Your frame
As I cry out Your holy name
When I have nowhere to go
I know that you know all my woe
How I long Your face to see
Oh my Father, comfort me

Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, and keep a firm grip on you. Isaiah 41:10

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back. - Luke 6:38

Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. - 1 John 4:11

O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the peoples. - 1 Chronicles 16:8

Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.” - Mark 9:41

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Psalm 23:1

How Have I Spent My Day? by Orlando Drebit
I try to begin my days with a cup of coffee and my time with God. I begin with a few online meditations and continue into whichever specific book of the Bible that I have been studying. I know that my days unfold much better when I start with this quiet time alone with God and His Word. Why, then, do I allow myself to become distracted by "just" putting on a new pot of coffee, or by "just" responding to one e-mail? Often, several hours later or even at the end of the day, I find myself bereft of this precious time with God and frustrated that the day has passed in a directionless manner.
Psalm 119:37 – Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. (NKJV)
I am currently reading this Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Bible. As you may be aware, each of the 22 sections of the Hebrew text is entitled sequentially with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and each of the eight verses within each section begins with that same letter. When you think of the complexities of adhering to such a format, you really see God's inspiration to the writer. Normally, in my devotional time, I read an entire chapter and then use some study tools to dig into the meaning of the text. In this case, I read only eight verses at once. I was captivated when I read verse 37, and, I must say, my mind continues to wander back to it. One of my recent daily readings noted that if we have done nothing in the day to further our relationship with Christ, then we have wasted the day. Verse 37 resonates with the same message, for the "worthless things" could also be interpreted as "worthless activities".
While I am still searching for God's purpose for my life, I am certain that simply "being busy" is not it! I need to remind myself each and every morning that each day that God grants me is a gift. I must not waste the day, but use it to further my relationship with Him. The best way to honour this is to begin my day with God and His Word so that He can turn my eyes "away from worthless things" and to His purpose for my day.
Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (NKJV)
Do you find yourself, like me, on the merry-go-round of life trying to squeeze God in at the end of a busy day and feeling frustrated that you haven't heard from Him? Will you pray with me?
Prayer: Dear Lord, we give You thanks for the gift of each day that You grant us here on earth. Forgive us when we marginalize You in the busyness of everyday life. Help us to honour You by making time to be with You and to study Your Word each day. You have created each of us for a specific purpose. Remind us that spending time in Your Word will light the way that You have planned for each of us. Amen.

Almighty God, thank you for your unfailing love. Help us to plant the seeds of your love so that others may come to know you. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 60
1 O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again. 2 Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh. 3 Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment. 4 Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah. 5 That thy beloved may be delivered; save with thy right hand, and hear me. 6 God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth. 7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver; 8 Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia, triumph thou because of me. 9 Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom? 10 Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and thou, O God, which didst not go out with our armies? 11 Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. 12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Dear Lord, thank you for your constant presence in our lives. Help us to lean on you for strength and guidance. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply