Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2023, 07:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Just For Today Day 24 Putting Off

Just For Today Day 24 Putting Off by SGLY Ministry

Just for Today I will put off all…
YOKES OF BONDAGE
“stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath set you free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galations 5:1 (NKJV)

Today’s Thought:
A Yoke is a device that joins two things together, usually at the head , as it is secured around the neck or upper body as a harness would be.
As believers, we would want to be yoked to or united to Christ, head to head, as we are to have His mind and follow His ways, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
It is a yoke of love, a submission to His will, not a yoke of bondage.

Therefore, we need to “put off” any yokes of bondage to things that are not of Christ so we will be free to put on the yoke of Jesus.

Jesus said: “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30 (NKJV)

Today’s Prayer:
Just for Today Lord, with Your help, I commit to stand in the liberty I have received in Christ and will not be entangled again in the yoke of bondage to negative things, for Your word says in Romans 12:2 that, as a believer, I need to renew my mind daily so as to put off the old man and put on the new man.
Therefore, each day I will seek to “put off” any old traits, habits or feelings that I might see in my life and I will begin to “put on” the new things I have been given in Christ.

These 24 days have had us focused on “putting things off” in our lives.
Each day we have read scripture that shows some negative thing that we should not have as a part of our life .
Use this day to review and think upon those negative things that may have been or still are present in your life.

JUST FOR TODAY–Part One–PUTTING OFF:
ANGER
BITTERNESS
COVETNESS
DESPAIR
EVIL
FEAR
GUILT
HOPLESSNESS
INADEQUACY
JUDGING
LAZINESS
MALICE
NEGLIGENCE
OLD FEELINGS
PRESUMPTIONS
QUARRELING
RUMORS
STRIFE
THOUGHTS
UNBELIEF
VENGEANCE
WEARINESS
YESTERDAYS
YOKES OF BONDAGE

Then, resolve with God’s help to “put off” any of those things so you can make room to “put on” the new things that God wants you to have in your life.

Tomorrow, we will start “Part Two–Just For Today”, where we will begin “putting on” new good things!
We will attempt to daily replace the negative things we have” put off” by “putting on” new good things.
It will be an exciting daily adventure and I hope you will continue joining us each day for this renewing experience!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply