Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 19

Christ stands ready to help us.

“God cares about everything that concerns you, so feel free to talk to Him about anything.” – Joyce Meyer

When we put our problems in God's hands, He puts His peace in our hearts.

Every moment of the day, we have a choice: to compare life to our expectations or to thank God for what we have been given. We can rejoice in the small adventures and surprises that God hides inside every day for us to discover if we only give that day a chance.

Today choose to give thanks joyfully for God’s love each day.

Abundant life begins with accepting God’s love and saving grace.

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us

May the God bring you out of all your troubles. Trust your course with Him.

In spite of everything, God is still God and there is a hope.

No one wants to be alone. I hope you are not alone today, but if you are, remember God loves you, and He will NEVER leave you alone.

Your Promises-Land Life
Think about the Christian you want to be. What qualities do you want to have? More compassion? More conviction? More courage? What attitudes do you want to discontinue? Greed? Guilt? Endless negativity? Here’s the good news. You can. With God’s help you can close the gap between the person you are and the person you want to be--indeed, the person God made you to be. Paul said in 2 Corinthians 3:18 that we can live “from glory to glory.”
The walls of Jericho--they are already condemned. The giants are already on the run. The deed to your new life is already signed. It just falls to you to possess the land. Joshua 21:43 says, “So the Lord gave to Israel all the land of which He had sworn to their fathers--and they took possession of it and dwelt in it.” Your promised-land life-- It is yours for the taking. From Glory Days

The Old Fisherman Author Unknown
Our house was directly across the street from the clinic entrance of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. We lived downstairs and rented the upstairs rooms to outpatients at the clinic.
One summer evening as I was fixing supper, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see a truly awful looking man. "Why, he's hardly taller than my eight-year-old," I thought as I stared at the stooped, shriveled body. But the appalling thing was his face - lopsided from swelling, red and raw.
Yet his voice was pleasant as he said, "Good evening. I've come to see if you've a room for just one night. I came for a treatment this morning from the eastern shore, and there's no bus 'til morning."
He told me he'd been hunting for a room since noon but with no success - no one seemed to have a room. "I guess it's my face...I know it looks terrible, but my doctor says with a few more treatments..."
For a moment I hesitated, but his next words convinced me: "I could sleep in this rocking chair on the porch. My bus leaves early in the morning."
I told him we would find him a bed, but to rest on the porch. I went inside and finished getting supper. When we were ready, I asked the old man if he would join us. "No thank you. I have plenty." And he held up a brown paper bag.
When I had finished the dishes, I went out on the porch to talk with him a few minutes. It didn't take a long time to see that this old man had an oversized heart crowded into that tiny body. He told me he fished for a living to support his daughter, her five children, and her husband, who was hopelessly crippled from a back injury.
He didn't tell it by way of complaint; in fact, every other sentence was prefaced with a thanks to God for a blessing. He was grateful that no pain accompanied his disease, which was apparently a form of skin cancer. He thanked God for giving him the strength to keep going. At bedtime, we put a camp cot in the children's room for him. When I got up in the morning, the bed linens were neatly folded and the little man was out on the porch. He refused breakfast, but just before he left for his bus, haltingly, as if asking a great favor, he said,
"Could I please come back and stay the next time I have a treatment? I won't put you out a bit. I can sleep fine in a chair." He paused a moment and then added, "Your children made me feel at home. Grownups are bothered by my face, but children don't seem to mind." I told him he was welcome to come again. And on his next trip he arrived a little after seven in the morning. As a gift, he brought a big fish and a quart of the largest oysters I had ever seen. He said he had shucked them that morning before he left so that they'd be nice and fresh. I knew his bus left at 4:00 a.m. and I wondered what time he had to get up in order to do this for us.
In the years he came to stay overnight with us there was never a time that he did not bring us fish or oysters or vegetables from his garden. Other times we received packages in the mail, always by special delivery; fish and oysters packed in a box of fresh young spinach or kale, every leaf carefully washed. Knowing that he must walk three miles to mail these, and knowing how little money he had made the gifts doubly precious. When I received these little remembrances, I often thought of a comment our next-door neighbor made after he left that first morning. "Did you keep that awful looking man last night? I turned him away! You can lose roomers by putting up such people!" Maybe we did lose roomers once or twice. But oh! If only they could have known him, perhaps their illness' would have been easier to bear.
I know our family always will be grateful to have known him.
Recently I was visiting a friend who has a greenhouse, As she showed me her flowers, we came to the most beautiful one of all, a golden chrysanthemum, bursting with blooms. But to my great surprise, it was growing in an old dented, rusty bucket. I thought to myself, "If this were my plant, I'd put it in the loveliest container I had!"
My friend changed my mind. "I ran short of pots," she explained, "and knowing how beautiful this one would be, I thought it wouldn't mind starting out in this old pail. It's just for a little while, till I can put it out in the garden."
She must have wondered why I laughed so delightedly, but I was imagining just such a scene in heaven. "Here's an especially beautiful one," God might have said when he came to the soul of the sweet old fisherman. "He won't mind starting in this small body." All this happened long ago -and now, in God's garden, how tall this lovely soul must stand.
The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7b)

Expectations
In order to arrive at possessing everything, desire to possess nothing. --St. John of the Cross
Expectations can cause havoc in our daily living. We all have a basic right to be treated with dignity and respect, but that doesn't mean life will always go our way. The twists and turns of life often carry us up rivers of disappointment to shores we never chose to visit.
Facing life as fully involved travelers, without expectations about outcomes, is perhaps the brightest way to travel. Making plans without setting up for certain outcomes makes us flexible people who learn to go with the flow. It has been said that there is a direct proportion between our level of expectation and the amount of stress we have in our lives. Trusting the results to a larger plan allows us to relax and enjoy the adventure of the journey.
As we grow closer to our Higher Power, we find we can let go. We are more peaceful and confident, less frantic and controlling. Trusting that our Higher Power will protect us, no matter what we encounter on our journey, helps us face the future with a calm and loving heart.
Today let me relax into life and let go of my expectations. --Body, Mind, and Spirit

EVERYDAY SPIRITUALITY
Seven Ways to Connect With the Divine
Following are some suggestions for finding "Divine Moments" to connect with the sacred in your daily life.
NATURE BREAK - Take a few moments to step outside, rain or shine, and go for a short walk. You may see an unusual cloud formation, a resilient weed pressing up through the pavement, feel inspired by the birds soaring in the sky, hear a child's laugh, or be especially appreciative of the clean air you breathe. Pay special attention to the natural beauty and abundance that God has created all around you.
GRATITUDE PAUSE - We spend much of our lives waiting, whether it's in line at the grocery store, standing in the elevator as we go to the office, or in the car in a traffic jam. When you find yourself with a few moments on your hands, think silent thoughts of gratitude for all that you have.
ROAD PEACE - Most people don't behave in a raging and abusive manner if all is well in their lives. The Course in Miracles makes a statement, "Today I will see all anger as a request for love." Imagine sending love to the harried driver who cut you off on your way to work. See him or her as needing your compassion rather than retaliation.
MORNING BLESSINGS - Before you open your eyes in the morning, envision the day to come. Pray that you speak, think, and act with love and wisdom throughout the day.
ANGEL BLESSINGS - You probably know someone at your office or in your neighborhood who is down on their luck. Perhaps they've been experiencing ill health, are caring for a sick family member, or perhaps they have experienced a recent financial crisis. What could you provide that would be helpful to this person? Giving doesn't need to cost money. You could shovel a driveway, rake leaves, provide a meal, offer to baby-sit, drive them to an appointment, shop for their groceries, or simply offer a listening ear.
CHECKBOOK FAITH - Paying bills each month creates anxiety for many people. Use it as an opportunity to build your faith by making a donation to someone less fortunate. Here's an affirmation to bring to mind as you write the check, "I freely give, knowing that as I do I am opening myself to God's rich abundance." There is a spiritual cycle of giving and receiving. As you freely give, you open yourself to receive.
INTUITION INTERLUDE - Next time you find yourself fraught with anxiety, check in with your Divine guidance. Get in the habit of asking questions of your intuition and expecting a reply. You might ask, "What could I do to feel calmer about the meeting this afternoon?" In response, you get an image of a quiet lunch in the park by your office coming to mind. That is one of the ways your intuition responds - through images. Your intuition is connected to a higher wisdom that always knows what you need. It will always lead you to peace, love, forgiveness, gratitude and faith. --Lynn A. Robinson

THE BISHOP'S BREAD : BUT JOY
"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)
Good morning. No, I am not just saying that because it is before noon -- it's morning in your life. The darkness of night has ended, your storm is passing over and it's morning time. No, not mourning time; it's morning time.
Be encouraged, because David lets us know in Psalm 30:5 that the things which cause weeping in our life will only last for a night and that God's anger will only last for a moment. So whatever we find ourselves going through right now, we must understand that it is only temporary. "Trouble don't last always." It might seem like a long night, but be encouraged because I see some joy coming on the "morning train."
It is in this Psalm that David also says that "his mourning had been turned to dancing." That is in verse 11, where he also says that he was "girded with gladness." Your mourning has turned into morning. Your mourning has turned into dancing and you are girded with gladness. The storm of last night has turned into a shout this morning. And, if you are not completely out of the storm and still dealing with your night, then "get ready, get ready, get ready." Why? Because your morning is soon to come.
Notice that the verse says that weeping may endure for a night. While you are in your night you must deal with that thing that is causing the weeping. You are going to have to press toward the mark and press toward the morning. You can't sit back like a couch potato during the night. You have to keep that armor on and deal with it! And since you know that night is only temporary, you don't have to take permanent measures in responding to it but can hold your peace and get excited about the morning.
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. One of my favorite conjunctions is "but," for a "but" in the right place, is good. Can I get an Amen?
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy...
My family got on my nerves last night, but joy...
Folk are acting up on my job, but joy...
My friends don't quite understand me, but joy...
The doctors don't know what's happening to me, but joy...
My loved one and I are experiencing problems, but joy...
I can't seem to get myself out of debt, but joy...
Satan is always trying to defeat me, but joy...
Somebody is always talking about me, but joy...
That child of yours keeps getting into trouble, but joy...
You are feeling stress and fatigue and need some rest, but joy...
You have a deadline to meet and the clock is ticking fast, but joy...
Jesus, thank you for the "but" next to my "joy." Thank you for my "but joy." Every time something comes my way to steal my joy I will refuse to let it go, because I have some "but joy." There is no joy like "but joy."
Somebody can try to mess up your day, but that will not succeed when you know about that "but joy." I am so glad that I have me some "but joy." Serve the Lord with gladness and come before his presence with singing. You have some "but joy." Oh I wish somebody would help me preach this thing!
Now please understand that the joy I am talking about can't be bought at Kmart, QVC, or ordered through the mail. This joy cannot be passed down from one generation to the next. This joy that I have (I feel a little preach in my bones), the world didn't give it to me. Mommy didn't give it. Daddy didn't give it. The boss man or woman didn't give it. The church and pastor didn't give it. And since they didn't give it, they can't take it away. People might try to take my joy, but I refuse to give it up. I have some "but joy."
Can you do something for me? Tell 5 people you see today that it's morning time and to take some "but joy" for their journey. I consider "but joy" like a vitamin. When you realize that you have it then you can find the strength you need after dealing with your night. The Bible does say that the "joy of the Lord is your strength!"
I don't know what time you will be reading this, but it really doesn't matter. If it's AM -- it's still morning time. If it's NOON -- it's still morning time. If it's PM -- it's still morning time. You don't have to help me, I can preach by myself. Preach Bishop!
Joy, Joy, Joy. Be blessed, have a great morning and don't forget to take your "but joy"! Excuse me, while I shout for my "but joy"...

JUST REMEMBER...
The next time you feel like God can't use you, just remember...
NOAH was a drunk....
ABRAHAM was too old...
ISAAC was a daydreamer....
JACOB was a liar...
LEAH was ugly...
JOSEPH was abused...
MOSES had a stuttering problem...
GIDEON was afraid...
SAMPSON had long hair, and was a womanizer!
RAHAB was a prostitute!
JEREMIAH and TIMOTHY were too young...
DAVID had an affair and was a murderer...
ELIJAH was suicidal...
ISAIAH preached naked...
JONAH ran from God...
NAOMI was a widow...
JOB went bankrupt...
JOHN the Baptist ate bugs...
PETER denied Christ...
The Disciples fell asleep while praying...
MARTHA worried about everything...
MARY MAGDALENE was demon possessed...
The SAMARITAN WOMAN was divorced....more than once!!
ZACCHEUS was too small...
PAUL was too religious...
TIMOTHY had an ulcer.... AND
LAZARUS WAS DEAD!!!!
No more excuses now. God's waiting to use your full potential!
--Author unknown.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Changes that occur at this time will have long-term and lasting consequences. This is true whether the circumstances resulting from your decisions seem to be favorable or unfavorable. Look forward to opportunities to grow spiritually. There are things I want you to understand that will only be made clear through your experiences, says the Lord. John 14:17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."

Regroup and reorder your priorities to reflect an eternal perspective. Be assured that your temporary conditions and world view will fade with the ages. But, when you stand strong in relationship with Me, says the Lord, you will have everlasting life. Choose the high road of spiritual reality that will yield unending benefits. Matthew 7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

There are things that I want to reveal to you that you have not yet considered. However, you have to be available to Me in the Spirit to see and understand. Position yourself to receive the revelations of this time in your life, says the Lord, and I will show you. Acts 26:16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

The time of change has come. You will never be the same again, but I have things to teach and to show you that you could not have received until now. These will be times to remember and to cherish even though they seem to be beyond your ability to fully deal with presently, says the Lord. It's not your power that will bring you through; it is Mine! Zechariah 4:6b "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," Says the LORD of hosts.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Do you hear it? I hear the sound of water moving. I hear the sound of rapids. I hear the sound of waterfalls. I hear the sound of the living water that is flowing to you on your behalf in this time, says the Lord. I hear it. Do you hear it? I feel it. Do you feel it? Come into this place where the living waters are now touching you, renewing you and healing you; bringing you the wisdom, joy and peace that you need in your life this day. Allow the living waters to move into you, through you, and you will find your way. The path of life will be opened and demonstrated to you as you go.

THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL by Jennie Munson
The greatest gift
given long ago
Wasn’t wrapped in paper
or tied with a bow.
God’s only Son
from heaven above
given to us
straight from His love.
Lest we forget
please hold on tight
to the great truth
brought on that night
His gift of love
for all to receive
the gift of salvation
to those who believe.

THE WILL OF GOD Author Unknown
The will of God will never take you,
Where the grace of God cannot keep you.
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the power of God cannot endow you.
Where the spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the army of God cannot protect you,
Where the hands of God cannot mold you.
Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the mercies of God cannot sustain you,
Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.
Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.

Ezekiel 18:31-32 – Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit… Repent and live!

This is the day which the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Truly I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you (Matthew 17:20).

Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you (James 4:10).

Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9).

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:5).

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity"(Colossians 3:13-14).

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The Personal Video Recorder by Lynne Phipps
My family bought me a personal video recorder, a PVR, for Christmas. I find that I am using it a great deal. The PVR allows me to record television programs and watch them at a later date. It's really great if something I want to watch is on while I am out, or is playing at the same time as I want to view another program of equal interest. One of the things that I enjoy most, however, is that the PVR lets me fast-forward through the commercials. I do hate commercials, so much so that I have often not finished watching a program, as I became so fed up with them that I turned the television off. So now that I have the PVR, I do a lot of fast-forwarding.
As I was doing just that the other evening, I considered how the study and memorization of God's Word, or the recording of it within our minds, allows us to do some fast-forwarding as well.
James 1:12-14 – Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. (NIV)
When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness for forty days, He always responded to the evil one's temptation with the Word of God, the Scriptures. Each time He did so, the temptation fell flat and came to naught. Jesus was able to fast-forward through the campaign of Satan's ads because He knew, trusted, relied upon, and used the power of His Father's Word to distinguish lies from truth.
Likewise, when we use God's Word, we, too, are able, as quickly as possible, to power through the temptations in life that could otherwise bring us everything from discomfort, pain, and humiliation to the loss of the purpose or goals to which God has called us as His children. The story of Samson and Delilah in Judges chapter 16 reveals how temptation, not rebuked by the Word of God, sadly led one man to his doom.
So, the next time you're watching television and the commercials begin, take a moment and reflect how in life we have a choice. We can listen to and even be drawn into Satan's campaign of lies, directed against the Word of God, as he seeks to interrupt our daily living — or by using the Word of God to discern the truth, we can fast-forward through temptation as quickly as possible and get on with the real program of godly life.
Prayer: Father God, thank You that You never tempt us to do evil, and that amidst temptation which does come to each of us in this life, You have provided a way for us to escape, to fast-forward through it as quickly as possible, through the power of Your Word. Therefore, may each of us choose to study and memorize the Scriptures that we may trust and rely upon them, and stand persevering amidst each and every trial that comes our way. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, you make all things beautiful in your time. Give us eyes to see what you see. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 67
1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. 2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. 3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. 4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah. 5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. 6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. 7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

Loving God, as we pray for others, may they know your powerful, loving presence in their lives this day and always. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply