Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vehicle. What ever vehicle you choose make sure it is good for the body, mind, and spirit. Quench your thirst, food for all levels of our disease, and spiritual sustenance that gives us that daily reprieve from the disease of addiction. Maybe the word I am looking for is vessel, but I was thinking about A VEHICLE to take you to a meeting. i.e. car, bus, bike, legs, etc.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #17
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Veil. Drop the veils. We no longer have to hide behind masks. Not too long ago, someone asked me if I was hiding behind my hair. I got my hair cut. In recovery, we are free to be ourselves. We don't have to conform to what others say and do. I just know I don't want to act out in my disease and slip back into old habits and behaviors.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #18
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vice. Many addicts and alcoholics have ended up in jail. My ex-husband use to say, it wasn't that you didn't do, you just never got caught doing it. Ironically I didn't go to jail until I was clean and sober for two years. I have done service for AA, NA, and Al-Anon.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #19
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Wonder. The wonder of it all. The wonder of the Creator's Masterpiece. The wonder of the program. The wonder of all the tools made available to us.

This may be a wonderful program but i seemed to have hallen away from the topic.

This is a very, very wonderful program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #20
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Victory. We have victory over our disease if we ask for help in the morning, give thanks at night, and stay in today. yesterday is gone, tomorrow hasn't got here yet, and that is why they call this the present.

When i live in today, i have victory over my disease when i work my program one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Value. i need to value myself and respect myself and others in recovery. We are here to stay clean and sober. nothing else matters, that is an outside issue. The program works on that too.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #22
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vested. We have a vested interest in our sobriety. For me, it was do or die. I was afraid of missing a meeting. I went to a lot of Step Discussion meetings. My first two groups were Step discussion. I put my interest into the Steps and they have kept me clean and sober for almost 27 years.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:27 PM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vacation. Take a vacation, if you can't afford to go away, have a holiday at home. Shut off the phone. Lock the door on your way back from the grocery store were you purchased all your favourite goodies and treats. Don't set the alarm. Light a candle, put on some music and do a meditation. if you think it will spoil your holiday, don't do any Step work, but do look at where you are at, what direction you are going and ask yourself do I need to make a u-turn, continue on the path you are on, or find an alternative.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #24
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vast Domain. There is a hymn that says that God looks after His Vast Domain. We may be small but He is mighty. There isn't a corner that He can't find us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_G...raise_Thy_Name

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Victim. Stop play roles. you are not the only one. Tet off the pity pot and make an effort to help someone else, even if it is a neighbor, someone on the phone, or a fellow member of your fellowship.

When we surrender to our Higher Power, we are empowered to do what we need to do for ourselves.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #26
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vow. We make a vow to ourselves, to our fellow members, and others that we will never drink again. That is not how we work this program. We do it one day at a time. just for today, I chose not to use.

We can make a vow to our Higher Power to follow His Will, but being human, we often slip and have to come back to Him/Her/It.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:35 AM   #27
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Voice. Sometimes we have to speak up. Sometimes it is best we shut up. other times, it is good to share with others, whether it is a greeting or a memory in recovery.

We can do what I can't do alone, and I need to share with others and use my big girl voice.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #28
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

V is for Vessel. it was my decision to be a clean clear vessel and I felt like I couldn't be one while I continued to smoke cigarettes. My Dry Date is August 21, 1991 my stopping date for cigarettes is December 21, 2006. It took me 7 years to become willing.

it was the worst addiction ever.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #29
dwmoeller

V is for Very

I am very grateful to be alive and sober today. 7 - 1/2 years ago I was contemplating suicide and abusing alcohol to numb myself. As they used to say, "You've come a long way baby!" I take things one day at a time. I am always learning on my journey of sobriety.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply