Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Practice. My sponsor use to tell me, this is a program of practice, practice, practice. This is a one day at a time. Each day we get the opportunity to practice to get things right.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #18
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Pacify. We need to remember that we need to feed the body, mind, and spirit. I need to work on my emotional recovery every day to find peace and serenity.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Pleasure. If you aren't enjoying your recovery what are you doing wrong. What pleases you? Find a hobby, play a game, be with loved ones. Give yourself affirmations.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #20
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Patterns. We need to look at our patterns in today. Are we still using old formats to cope in today. We need to change patterns, habits, and behaviors from our past, which for the most part, was part of our disease. We need to quit acting out in our disease and aim toward a better way of life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Prayer. We are told not to pray and ask for specifics, because that is playing god with someone else's life. We pray and ask that they get what they need according to their God's Divine Wishes.

The same for ourself. I needed to stop playing god with my own life. As my mother use to say, "Gimmes never get."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #22
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Power.

Quote:
'Always remember that each day as you look at your world and see millions upon millions of flowers opening up, God does it all without using any force.' ~Dr. Wayne Dyer (P 91, Everyday Wisdom)

If I have to force the solution, then it's not the solution.

- Pocket Sponsor
I do know that forced solutios do not work. Even if they seem to appear okay in the moment, and it is all worked out in my head, because it probably not got to my heart, or I would be doing God's will instead of my own.

Things that are forced, enforced, and regimented, often fall short of what needs to be done. Man is human and invalible. It has been my experience that God seem to get those little details all worked out and never seems to miss a thing. He can see the whole picture, from all directions and knows what is best for the whole rather than what is best according the the few or the power that be. He knows the circumsances that are coming, the situations that are not going to last and fall short of the greater plan. After all, He is the Master Planner and knows all things.

For me, He is the solution. My best thinking got me to the doors of recovery. As it says in the literature, I need to align my will with His.

The Traditions also tell us that it is His Voice we need to listen for.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for all things are possible.

Quote:
“Impossible only means that you haven't found the solution yet.”
- - Unknown
Through God, all things are possible. They not be possible the way we want it to happen, but there is always a solution. As they say, "When you live in the solution, instead of looking at the problem, it is amazing what happens.

This reminds me that I called out to a member of my group last week and said, "There is a solution." Not sure he knew what I meant, he is new in recovery.

We can tap into that power any time day or night. When I surrender, I am empowered to do what I need to do to stay clean and sober in today. Surrender is not giving up, it is giving over. Through my God, all things are possible.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Put it in your God's Hands. When we come upon life's trials and tribulations, we need to turn things over to our Higher Power. As a friend of mine said years ago, "I listened to my Lower Power for years, why not put things into my God's Hands.

If you have to control it, it is already out of control. No matter what 'it' is, giving to your God and you can work on it together.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for people loving people. Isolation is part of my disease. I was not comfortable around people, I didn't have very good people skills. I didn't know how to communicate, and I didn't know how to talk to women. I had lived in a man's world for most of my life.I didn't trust women and a few had hurt me over the years. I joined a Women's Discussion Group to learn how to communicate with women.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:25 AM   #28
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Procrastination. When we put things off, we generally double the load and sometimes double the trouble. This is a one day at a time program and it is so important to live in the moment. When something needs doing, I need to do it. That is what I keep telling myself, but it hasn't happened. Hopefully when I finish postings. God and I need to do some more work on this. My son promised to wash my floor tomorrow so that would be a good time to do it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #29
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Practice these principles in all our affairs. The program isn't just for our drug and alcohol problem, we don't do that any more. This is a living program and it applies to our daily lives. Principles before personalities means we apply the program not only in our hoe and at our group, we practice in the community too.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #30
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Play. Take some time to play and have fun. We don't have to be serious all the time. Tradition 4 tells us not to take ourselves so seriously. We need to have balance in our life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply