Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week, words that begin with the letter "P"

P is for Patience. Have it if you can. Try to see where the other person is coming from. Pray for patience. Better still, pray for the willingness to be patient if needed.

Hope you will be patient with me and all my pumpkins in celebration of Halloween.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Perfection. Perfection is part of your disease. It is not a recovery tool. We aim toward it, but we need to accept that we won't always achieve it, all we are asked to do is try to the best of our ability. Progress, not perfection we can accomplish by applying the program to our life, one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 11-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Practice. Practice these principles in all your affairs. It isn't just about our drug of choice, it is but a symtom of my disease. The problem is me, so I need to practice the program one day at a time. My sponsor use to say, "Practice, Practice, Practice!"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Pride. Found that I had a lot of false pride. I had to acknowledge my Creator and all that He had given me. I could take pride in my appearance because I chose to clean up my appearance, my actions, and my mouth, but if my God hadn't given me the freedom of choice, it would be false pride and generally not something to be proud of.

All things come from my God although He expects me to do my part, He doesn't do for me things that I can do for myself. He will direct my path and give me the courage and strength, and the rest is up to me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Please. A little manners go a long way. I was taught to say "Please" and "Thank You," when I was growing up. I can also hear words from my mother, "Please put things back where you found them." Please don't be late, but if you are, please call me so I can cook dinner and not have in ruined. How many times we didn't care or think to call.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 04-29-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Patience. It was something that was not a part of my being and something I had to learn. I still don't do it well. I am much more patient with others than I am with myself, which means I have more work to do, recovery has to start with me. I have to be careful of what I pray for, I just might get it. I may find myself with things I need to tolerate in order to practice my patience on.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Please. Manners go a long way to saying a lot. It only takes a few seconds to add on a please or thank you. Please share, this is a 'we' program. Thank you for sharing, without you there is no me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Positive. Try to be positive and share something that is helpful to others. Share the good, and not so good, and allow people their choices. I prefer reality to things done up with a pink or blue ribbon to cover up some of the pitfalls that we find on life's highway. We need to paint a picture as it is. We have lived in denial for far too long and it is time to practice living the principles of the program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Pardon. We do get pardoned for past mistakes when we take them to our Higher Power. He is willing and able to forgive us. When we make an amend to others, we need to change our ways before we say, "I'm sorry." They are empty words if we say them and continue to act out in our old patterns, habits, and beliefs. Most of all, we need to pardon ourselves. We are Children of God, and God doesn't make no Junk. His Pardon is sufficient for me in today.

Sometimes we go to friends and if we are lucky they pardon us, some do not. That is okay, an amend isn't about them, it is about you and your recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:22 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

P is for Plural. That is the word that popped into my head. We do get many blessings. We get 'more' in recovery too, good things. Blessings are often in plural form, we don't just get one, we get more. Big or small, they add up to lots of joy and pleasure in recovery. They have a way of sticking with us. They are great things to recall and give us moments of pleasure and remind us to be grateful.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply