Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Larrylive

There is no failure except in the not trying.

Wisdom, unfortunately, is gained through experience. And as we make our way through life many of the difficulties we experience, it is learned, only happen because we fail to see. We fail to see other options or we fail to see the part we play.

When we hear WE must change sometimes we think about how to change our enviroment (people, places & things). This can be helpful, but it is NOT ourselves. It took along time for me to realize, that if I am an addict and wish not to be I can no longer be "me". I had to decide wether to be "cool" and suffer or be average and happy. It took a long time for me to realize that in trying to be cool, I was trying to be something I wasn't and what that was, was happy with myself. It took some searching, not around town, nor on the internet, but searching inside of myself.
It's not easy, nor is it qiuck, but becoming who we really are certainly is more comfortable. When you decide to look for yourself, you'll realize whats truely important. There is no majic words or buttons to push. It takes work and above all...it takes a lifetime to become who we really are.

Be well,
Larry
Larrylive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylive For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply