Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2020, 02:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default A Prayer & Some Thoughts - September

September 1

Prayer For The Overwhelmed

Lord, I do not see a way out of the burden I feel, but I put all my faith and trust in You for a path to open up, that new opportunities and new relationships will grace my life.
Give me strength, to overcome these negative feelings and to get all the task that I have to do, completed efficiently, effectively, and on time!
Calm my mind, give me peace, as I recollect all the tasks I need to complete.
Give me patience to be still and remember that You will make all things work together for my good.
Everything that happens to me happens for a reason – to make me stronger.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Unless we discuss our defects with another person, we do not acquire enough humility, fearlessness, and honesty to really get the program. We must be entirely honest with somebody, if we expect to live happily in this world. We must be hard on ourselves, but always considerate of others. We pocket our pride and go to it, illuminating every twist of character and every dark cranny of the past. Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we can look the world in the eyes.

So ............

Have I discussed all my defects with another person?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Find My Limits

We learn about ourselves by throwing ourselves into a project, meeting an obstacle we can't overcome, perhaps making some mistakes, we learn what we are capable of and what we are not. We are not here to live a comfortable and placid life. Our task is to grow and learn, to make a contribution, and to have some tranquility while we do. The only way we can achieve those goals is to assert ourselves, find out where the solid limits are, and assert our right to make mistakes in the process.

Today, I will have opportunities to assert myself. I will take the risks required to learn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spiritual Growth

When, therefore, we speak to you of God, we mean your own conception of God. This applies, too, to other spiritual expressions which you find in this book. Do not let any prejudice you may have against spiritual terms deter you from honestly asking yourself what they mean to you. At the start, this was all we needed to commence spiritual growth, to effect our first conscious relation with God as we understood Him. Afterward, we found ourselves accepting many things which then seemed entirely out of reach. That was growth, but if we wished to grow we had to begin somewhere. So we used our own conception, however limited it was.

We needed to ask ourselves but one short question. "Do I now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power greater than myself?" As soon as a man can say that he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way. It has been repeatedly proven among us that upon this simple cornerstone a wonderfully effective spiritual structure can be built.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 47

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"It does not matter how much money you have or how long you are spending on the earth. Matters the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in your life." ~~ Amit Ray Read
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply