Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - October

October 1

Wisdom for Today

When I wake up to a bright new morning and jump out of bed, I can be grateful that I am happy and not sick or disgusted with myself. Sobriety has given me many gifts, but none is more precious than peace of mind. I can get up in the morning confident that I haven’t screwed up again. I can be sure that what I did last night won’t get me in trouble today. I no longer look in the rear view mirror to see if I am being followed. When I was drinking and using, I always was looking back and trying to cover my tracks. Today because of recovery I don’t have to do that anymore.

Yes, I still make mistakes and find that I am still wrong. But I no longer have to run from the past. I can own my mistakes and admit my wrongs. I make amends when needed and know that I now learn from my mistakes. I don’t have to keep repeating my mistakes and trying to hide. Life is about progress now, not living in the past. Am I willing to admit when I am wrong?

Meditations for the Heart

I must rely on the guidance of my Higher Power. I must wait patiently, trusting and hoping for God to show me the way. God reveals His will in many different ways. Sometimes it is in the words that I hear spoken around the table at Twelve Step meetings. Other times I read words in books that reveal God’s will. And still other times it is the words I hear “spoken” in my conscience. I just need to listen, and God will show me the way to a better life. Do I listen for the will of my Higher Power to be revealed?
Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

This is a new day; let me be glad in it. Let me give humble thanks for the way in which You constantly help me. Even when I feel lost, You let me know You are near. Increase in me the desire to listen for Your will for my life. Give me the courage to follow where You lead.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply