Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

May 24

Humility
On his desk, Dr. Bob had a plaque defining humility:
"Perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore;
to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised, it is to have a blessed home in myself
where I can go in and shut the door and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all and around is seeming trouble."
- Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, p. 222

Thought to Ponder . . .
The storm has passed. I've learned a little more about peace. It was inside all the time.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E = Hang On! Peace Exists.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Compulsion
"It helped me a great deal to become convinced
that alcoholism was a disease,
not a moral issue;
that I had been drinking as a result of a compulsion,
even though I had not been aware
of the compulsion at the time;
and that sobriety was not a matter of willpower.
I was afraid to let go of what I had
in order to try something new;
there was a certain sense of security in the familiar.
At last, acceptance proved to be the key
to my drinking problem.
When I stopped living in the problem
and began living in the answer,
the problem went away."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 417 4th Edition

Thought to Consider . . .
I have learned what a heart full of gratitude feels like.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
PACE
Positive Attitudes Change Everything

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"To mollify the Trustees it was decided that the author's royalty [for the 'Big Book'] which would ordinarily be mine [Bill
W.'s] could go to the Alcoholic Foundation. I have now forgotten just what his hopes were, but they were fantastic. I
was not quite so optimistic, but I did feel sure that the proceeds of the book would enable several of us to become full-
time workers and to set up a general headquarters for our society. Whether this worked out or not, I was nevertheless
convinced that our fellowship ought to own and control its own literature."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pg. 157

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"While wealth and authority lie at the foundation of many a noble institution, we of AA now apprehend, and thoroughly
well, that these things are not for us. Have we not found that one man's meat is often another man's poison?"
AA Co-Founder, Bill W., January 1947
"Will AA Ever Have a Personal Government?"
The Language of the Heart

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 64~

"When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could
not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that
either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is or He isn't."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 53~

Surrounded by so many A.A. friends, these so-called loners tell us they no longer feel alone.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 120

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Most surely, there can be no trust where there is no love, nor can there be real love where distrust holds its malign sway.
'But does trust require that we be blind to other people's motives or, indeed, to our own? Not at all; this would be folly.
Most certainly, we should assess the capacity for harm as well as the capability for good in every person that we would
trust. Such a private inventory can reveal the degree of confidence we should extend in any given situation.
'However, this inventory needs to be taken in a spirit of understanding and love. Nothing can so much bias our judgment
as the negative emotions of suspicion, jealousy, or anger.
'Having vested our confidence in another person, we ought to let him know of our full support. Because of this, more
often than not he will respond magnificently, and far beyond our first expectations.'

Prayer For The Day: Lord Jesus, you promised to be with your people always, and so we know that you are with us in good times and bad. Nothing that ever happens to us can separate us from your love. Help us always to be positive in our attitude that we may seek and find the best in people and in situations, and so draw good out of all that happens to us. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply