Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #40
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Service has always been a big part of my recovery. I started out by going to lots of meetings to find a group I felt comfortable in. My sponsor said, "Don't ask what the group can do for you, but what you can do for the group."

Back in my day, smoking was allowed, so it started in the kitchen cleaning coffee cups and ash trays. My favourite spot was at the door being a greeter.

I held several positions in my group, then got involved with other things when I got 2 years clean and sober and went to the local jail, detox, recovery house and sharing my story at different groups.

From there I tried to extend my hand to others and give to others in the community.

It helped me with my self-confidence and gave my life purpose and a reason for being.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply