Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-01-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - February

February 1

Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

Psalm 62:5 – For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

“Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me’” (John 14:6).

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. Philippians 2:14-16a

Psalm 46:10a – Be still, and know that I am God.

James 1:17 – Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe... - Hebrews 12:28

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. —Psalm 105:4

When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. – 1 Peter 2:9-10

Ecclesiastes 5:19 NIV When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:02 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. — Proverbs 3:1-2

Romans 12:2 NIV Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

Therefore, He is also able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him, always living to make intercession for them. (TLV) - Hebrews 7:25

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9

“He has showed you, 0 man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8, NIV).

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, ESV)

1 John 4:13 NIV We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

Psalm 34:14 14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever" (1 John 2:17).

Matthew 5:43-48 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. Romans 10:17

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. – Colossians 3:23-24

Romans 12:3-5 NIV For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Matthew 11:28 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 33:4-5 “For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”

Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Old 02-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31 KJV).

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” — John 14:6

Romans 5:6-8 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us" (1 John 14-16).

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matthew 11:28-29

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 3:13-14

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
Old 02-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Psalm 119:165 (NIV) Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Colossians 1:15-17 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

Lamentations 3:19-26 19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 25
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

Psalm 119:166 (NIV) I wait for Your salvation, O Lord, and I follow Your commands.

Thought: When the way isn't clear, keep waiting til it is.

And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Acts 2:21

Isaiah 40:28-29a,31a – Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the Creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom. He gives strength to those who are tired. Those who wait for the Lord's help find renewed strength, they rise up as if they had eagles' wings.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

James 1:5 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

1 John 2:28 NIV And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.

Mark 12:30-31 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”
Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. – James 4:10

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. -Psalm 32:8

Philippians 4:4-9 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

John 13:34 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

Ephesians 4:29 – Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. – Psalm 37:3-4

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:35

1 John 4:7 7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”

Romans 12:9-21 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:56 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. Romans 14:13

Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. -1 Peter 5:6

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Ephesians 4:2 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

1 Corinthians 13: 6-7 “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
Old 02-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

Ecclesiastes 3:1 – To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22, 23a

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. — Proverbs 16:3

Psalm 34:8 NIV Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Old 02-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 14

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

Colossians 3:12,15a – Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:17 – If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Romans 12:9 – Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. – Ephesians 3:17-18

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13

There are three things that will endure-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

John 13:34-35 ““A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.””
Old 02-15-2019, 06:03 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. — Proverbs 3:5-6

1 John 4:10 “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love. Psalm 33:18

And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. - 1 Thessalonians 3:12

Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. ... Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. Psalm 27:7,9-10

And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. —1 John 4:21
Post New ThreadReply