Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Names of God

The Names of God Part 01 - The Lord, Jehovah

by Gail Rodgers
I am that I am, Yahweh. The God of all Heaven and Earth declares in His Word, the Bible, that He will make Himself known to us. What an incredible thought!

The God who created the galaxies, the depth of the oceans and the mysteries of science, desires to reveal Himself to me and to You!
  • He is Self-Existent, manifested and revealed as declared in Exodus 3:14 and Genesis 4:1.
  • He is the God of heaven and the God of all the earth. He is the God of Truth as declared in Nehemiah 1:4; Genesis 24:3; Isaiah 54:5 and Isaiah 65:16.
  • He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last, who is forever praised as declared in Revelation 21:6, Isaiah 44:6 and Romans 1:25.
  • He is worthy of glory, honor and power, the LORD of heaven and earth, the LORD of all the earth as declared in Revelation 4:11; Matthew 11:25 and John 3:11.
The Lord, Jehovah, Yahweh, the One who calls Himself the great “I am”... He is there for you today. Talk to Him right now. Praise Him and be astonished at His presence in your life.
prayer & reflection

Dear Father in Heaven,
Today I thank you that You are the Self-Existent, manifested, revealed God; the God of all Heaven and Earth.
I thank you that You make Yourself known to us; that You want to make Yourself known to me today.
Today, Lord, I ask that You would make Yourself known to me in a very specific, new and very real way. Reveal to me Your heart, O God. Reveal to me Your shield of protection around me. May any darts that are being hurled at me from the enemy of my soul today be deflected by You, my great God who is over all, and in all and through all things.
Thank you that there is no power on heaven or earth that is stronger than You, our God. Encase me in Your presence and in Your holiness today in a way that I will recognize. Let me feel the shelter and protection of Your wings today as You wrap me in Your love. Give me assurance of Your power at work on my behalf. Fill my heart with the things that touch Your heart.
Give me confidence today that Yahweh, The Lord, Jehovah, the great “I am” is standing with me and over me this day. Wow! What a picture. I will walk in that confidence today with a grateful heart filled with awe of You.
In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 02 - Adonai-Jehovah

by Gail Rodgers
Lord GOD, Sovereign LORD, Master. Picture it! Our God, sitting on the throne that is over all things and above all things. He is above all gods that our culture tries to lift high. He is majestic as He resides over the details of our days and has their number in His hand.

As we focus on His greatness our daily responses will change and our lives will be impacted in a way that only worship can bring. He calls us to respond to every circumstance in our lives with worship that stands amazed at His love and greatness.
  • He is The Majesty, enthroned above the circle of the earth, enthroned on high, enthroned in heaven as declared in Hebrews 1:3; Isaiah 40:22; Psalm 113:5; Psalm 2:4, Genesis 15:2.
  • He is enthroned in Zion, enthroned above the cherubim, enthroned upon the praises of Israel as declared in Psalm 9:11; Psalm 99:1; Psalm 22:3.
  • He is enthroned as King forever, A Great God, and a Great King above all gods as declared in Psalm 29:10; Psalm 55:19; Psalm 95:3.
prayer & reflection

Dear Father in Heaven,
Thank you that You are the Sovereign LORD, the Majesty, the Lord GOD of every detail of my life. Thank you that Your word says that You are enthroned above the circle of the earth.
What a picture Lord… You alone, over the circle of the whole earth. You alone on the throne over all things, over everything! ! Our Great God and King over all other gods who try to pose as the one and only. Help me today to let nothing trump Your place of majesty and power in my life!
Thank you that there is no person, no words, no attitudes or actions toward me nor any circumstances swirling around me that can overpower the fact that You alone are enthroned over me and around me. You cover all that encompasses me today.
Help me to rest in this wonderful picture today. You, encircled over me and all that concerns me today. Thank you Lord.
Grant me Your wisdom today. Empower me with strength within my frame in my mind, my emotions, my body and my spirit. May I feel sheltered and protected under the circle of Your presence today. May my heart swell with worship and praise for Your awesome greatness in the universe and Your tender concern over the details of my life.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 03 - Jehovah-Elohim

by Gail Rodgers
Lord God, Strong and Faithful, Three in One. God is faithful. He is strong and true and is likened to a rock that provides a sure foundation for our lives. If you feel adrift today, take some time to focus on the strength and faithfulness of God and let it inspire your faithfulness to Him today.

• The Godhead, The Deity, The Almighty, The Lord Almighty, The Lord God Almighty as declared in Genesis 1:1 & 2:4, Acts 17:29; Colossians 2:9; Psalm 91:1; Jeremiah 32:18; Revelation 4:8.
  • A God of Love, The True God, The Living God, The Blessed God, The Only God as declared in 1 John 4:16; Jr 10:10; 1 Timothy 1:11; 1 Timothy 1:17.
  • The Only True God, The Only Wise God, The God of all Grace; The God of Hope as declared in John 17:3; Romans. 16:27; 1 Peter 5:10; Romans 15:13.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
This morning I thank you that You are the Strong and Faithful One. You alone are the LORD God Almighty. Today I ask that You would be to me just exactly what I need today.
Be to me the God of all Grace who pours Your grace into my heart as I seek to meet the needs of those around me. I need Your grace.
Be my Only Wise God. I need divine wisdom to juggle the many things in my life right now. Help me to trust You as my strong and faithful God in my home and relationships, my finances and my work.
Be to me my God of Hope as I look at this day today and also at the days ahead. In the changes and challenges that come let me find shelter, encompassed by You, The God of Love, The Living God and the Only True God.
Thank you that You are the Three in One, the God head that gives the wisdom and power of the Father, the love and compassion of the Son and the strength and empowerment of the Holy Spirit to me as I need it. I stand in awe of all You are! I am amazed that You offer all of You to all of me. What an incredible thought, Lord!
Help me today to feel Your strength and faithfulness in a powerful way and may my heart rest in You alone as I faithfully trust you.
In the powerful name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 04 - El-Shaddai

by Gail Rodgers
Almighty God, All Sufficient, Nourisher, Giver of Strength. Let your heart fill with the incredible awareness right now that God is your All Sufficient One today. Offer Him your worship because He is the Almighty God who has promised to nourish your soul today and bring strength to your mind and body.

Take some time to pray right now and thank Him, worship Him and let His sufficiency fill you for the day before you.
  • The Mighty One, The Mighty One of Israel, The Mighty One of Jacob, The Light of Israel. Genesis 17:1, Psalm 50:1; Isaiah 1:24; Isaiah 60:16; Isaiah 10:17
  • Clothed with splendor and majesty, The LORD on high, Robed in majesty, Armed with strength. Psalm 104:1; Psalm 93:1, 4.
  • In whom and with whom nothing is impossible, Invincible, Immutable, Unchanging. Luke 1:37; Proverbs 21:30; Ml 3:6
  • Clothed with splendor and majesty, The LORD on high, robed in majesty, and armed with strength. Psalm 104:1; Psalm 93:1, 4
prayer & reflection

Dear Heavenly Father,
I am amazed at the truth that there is nothing today that I will encounter that You are not sufficient to handle in and through me .I thank you today that You are the All Sufficient one.
Thank you that this sufficiency encompasses enough strength for all I need to do and be today. You are sufficient to nourish my mind, my body, and my spirit as I focus on You today. Help me to lean into You and Your word, as You, the Nourisher, give me all I need. Help me to take the time to sit in Your presence today and to listen for Your still, small voice.
O Lord, You are clothed in splendor and robed in majesty. You are armed with strength and are the Invincible, Unchangable and Unchanging God of my life in whom and with whom NOTHING is impossible! Help that truth steep into my heart and mind!
Thank you that you are the Mighty One, armed with strength on my behalf.
Grant me divine wisdom in every place I walk today. Give me an undivided heart to stand in awe of Your name. Encase me in Your presence today in a powerful way.
In the mighty name of Jesus I ask these things, with thanksgiving, amen.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 05 - Jehovan-Elolam

by Gail Rodgers
The Everlasting God, The Eternal God. Does your heart yearn for something more? If you have that distant feeling today that you want more; that there must be more to life; it is God’s call on your heart to worship Him, to bring Him into central focus in your heart and to allow Him to craft into your life the things that will effect eternity.

The eternal God has put eternity into the heart of man and all our efforts to secure life here will feel less than satisfying until we allow Him to work the things of eternal value into our lives.
  • The King, Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, Infallible, Spirit, Omniscient, All Knowing. 1 Timothy 1:17; Psalm 18:30; John 4:24; Hebrews 4:13 Genesis 21:33
  • Who sits on the throne and who lives forever and ever, Who is, and who was, and who is to come. Revelation 1:4; Revelation 4:9; Revelation 4:8
  • Unfathomable, Incorruptible, Heaven is His throne, The earth is His footstool. Isaiah 40:28; Romans 11:33; Deut 32:4; James 1:13; Isaiah 66:1
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
Today I want to thank you for the image of You on Your throne and the earth as Your footstool. You, the ever-present God who lives forever, is the keeper of my life. You are not panicked by my busy schedule nor by my list of hurried needs. You are the All knowing, King Eternal who has every detail within Your grasp and who works in my life with eternity in mind.
Today I pray that You will grant me rest in the fact that, though You are invisible You are also unfathomable. The depth of who You are and all You have in mind for me is beyond understanding. As You bring eternal kingdom business onto the landscape of my life in increasing measure, I thank you that You also will bring a new depth of joy and peace to my day that is beyond understanding too.
Thank you that You are the Everlasting God who will outlast every thing that concerns me today. You will work in me to bring lasting joy that will impact eternity as well. May my life bring glory and honor to You today.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 06 - Jehovah-Elyon

by Gail Rodgers
The Most High God, God Most High. As we walk through the challenges of our days it is comforting to remember that God, the Most High God, is also King of the ages. King of the ages! The ruler who presides over every season and every situation on this earth.

Oh yes, the free will of man often casts God’s plans and purposes aside, yet the King of the Age is sovereign. His will will ultimately be accomplished. And as we commit each step to Him He will work things out in our lives for good that will bring praise to His name. Trust Him today.
  • The Great King, The Eternal King, The King of heaven, King of the nations, King of the ages. Psalm 48:2; Jeremiah 10:10; Daniel 3:37; Rev 15:3
  • Prince of the host, Ancient of Days, Prince of princes, King of kings and Lord of lords. Dn 8:11; Dn 7:9; Dn 8:25; 1 Tm 6:15
  • The mountains melt like wax before Him; The heavens declare His glory; Angels do His bidding. Ps. 97:5; Ps. 19:1; Ps. 103:20
  • The God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were (Romans 4:17)
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
This is an awesome name of Yours, El-Elyon, the Most High God.
You are the God who reigns. You are the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. Angels do your bidding; mountains melt like wax before You. You are the King over all things in my life today. Nothing is too hard for You.
Wow! What a thought! Today I pray that You will call into being the things in our lives that You want to put there. Where there is weariness, call strength into being. Where there is discouragement call hope into being. Where there is a drying up, call life into being.
You know me better than I know myself, Lord. Call into being what You know I need today.
Thank you that You send Your angels to do Your bidding and that Your word promises they camp around those who fear You. Let me sense the campfires today as Your angels are sent to camp around me.
May I feel Your presence and holiness in a profound way today, Lord God. May I draw strength and confidence from the promise of Your word that You will “call things that are not as though they were”. Thank you Lord.
I pray this in the name of Jesus, amen!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 07 - Jehovah-Hayah

by Gail Rodgers
The Self-Sufficient LORD. The writer of Proverbs 4 uses rhetorical questions to express God’s greatness. He asks… “Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the end of the earth? What is his name…?”

His name is Jehovah-Hayah is the all - knowing, all - powerful and ever present God who possesses the heavens and the earth and is the architect and maker of all things. He is the one who is the architect of your life. He cannot be comprehended and yet he cannot act apart from His love for us.
  • Creator of the ends of the earth, The Possessor and Creator of heaven and earth. 1 Pt 4:19; Is 40:28; Gn 14:22Pr 30:4
  • Omnipotent, All Powerful, Omnipresent, All in all, Omniscience, All Creative Jr 32:1; Jr 23:24; Ep 4:6; Gn 1:1; Rv 4:11
  • The Maker of heaven and earth, The Architect, Builder and Maker, The Maker of all things. Ps 121:2; He 11:10; Ps 127:1; Ec 11:5
prayer & reflection

Lord God,
Today I praise You and thank You that You alone possess the heavens and the earth. You alone are the Builder and Maker of all things. Thank you that You never cease to be the architect of my life as well. Even though You traverse the universe and majestically hold all power, all knowledge and all creativity, You still take the time for and interest in my life. Your word tells me You think about me all the time and You desire to work in me and through me. You want to fulfill me in who You created me to be.
How often I keep You at bay and feel I need to be the builder of all things in my life. How often I believe I need to be the knowledgeable one and the creative one. How often I forget Your majesty and feel I need to manage all the details of my life.
Today I acknowledge that I cannot do this. I need You today to guide me through the maze of my own creation. Today I need You to plant Your peace firmly in the center of my heart and mind. Today I need the reminder that You alone possess the reins of my life as you possess the heaven and the earth.
I lean into Your power and might today. Forgive me for trying to be the all powerful one in my own circumstances. I lay my day and my life at Your feet and ask You to be the Builder and the Maker of all that I am and do this day.
In the strong name of Jesus, with thanksgiving, I pray, amen.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 08 - Jehovah-Hoseena

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our Maker. As we move toward the approaching Easter season let us be reminded together that our God is a promise keeping God and we will choose to worship Him together.

“Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker” (Psalm 95:6).
  • The God of the covenant promises, The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, The God of our fathers. Gn 9:9-11; Gn 17:2; Ac 3:13, Ps 95:6
  • The God of Israel, The Fear of Isaac, The Pride of Jacob, The God of the armies of Israel. Is 24:15; Gn 31:42; Am 8:7; 1 Sm 17:45
  • The Sword of Israel’s majesty, The God of the Hebrews, The God of the spirits of all flesh .Dt 33:29; Ex 3:18; Nu 27:16
prayer & reflection

Almighty Father,
I thank you today that You are the God of the covenant promises. You are the God who keeps the promises You make to us, Your children.
Today I ask that You would remind me of the promises that You have made to me in the past and refresh my faith today to believe them with new confidence!
Thank you that You have promised never to leave me; to guide me with Your word: help me to find the time to read it. Thank you that You promise to hear my prayers and to be my guard and my guide today.
Thank you for this amazing promise of Psalm 94:18 & 19… When I said, “My foot is slipping, Your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me Your consolation brought joy to my soul.”
Thank you, Lord, for that sure picture of Your love supporting us as we walk a slippery road and feel nearly ready to fall.
Thank you that You console us with the depth of Your name and how that is a source of deep joy as we walk.
Bless my heart today with peace, patience and a real sense of Your support where ever my foot feels a slippery edge. Grant me the confidence that You will hold me securely.
Lord, I kneel before You and worship You for You are my Maker and the one I can trust with my life even in the midst of my unanswered questions. I choose to trust You and worship You today.
In the powerful name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 09 - Jehovah-Eloheena

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD our God. The very personal side of our majestic God is reflected in this name, The LORD our God. He is the Father of the very spirit that is within each of us. He calls us to Himself.

Whatever need you may have today remember that He is the LORD your God and He will shelter your spirit today as you trust Him to hold you steady. What a wonderful picture!
  • The God of all mankind, The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The God of the living. Jr 32:27; Rm 15:6; Ep 1:17; Mk 12:27, Ps 99:5
  • The Father of our spirits, The Living Father, A Father to the fatherless, A Defender of widows. He 12:9; Jn 6:57; Ps 68:5
  • Our Father in heaven, Heavenly Father, Abba Father, Husband, Friend. Mt 6:9; Mt 5:48; Rm 8:15 ; Is 54:5; Jr 3:14 ; Ex 33:11; Pr 18:24
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
Today I want to thank you that You are the LORD our God. You are the Lord MY God. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that You are committed to us when things go wrong and loss happens and hearts grieve.
Yet Your heart of compassion shows through even in the very essence of this name of Yours, Jehovah-Eloheena…a Father to the Fatherless and a Defender of widows… OUR Father in Heaven, OUR Loving Father… one who cares about the hurting.
You are the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and You understand the pain of a Father whose son is suffering. You were there when Jesus died and You understand the pain we bear in the confusing things of life that we face here on earth.
Lord, be to those hurting today the Father of their spirits. Lift their spirits and shelter their hearts in Your loving hands. Bring peace to their hearts and healing to their minds and bodies. Give them strength for today and hope for tomorrow. Keep their hearts soft toward You and may they run to You and not from You in the confusion of their questions.
Thank you that You are the LORD “our” God… so personal to each one of us. Thank you for the blessings of our lives that we so easily lose sight of in the face of unanswered questions. Help us to remember Your track record in our lives. Bathe our homes today in Your peace and in Your joy. Grant us serenity as we work. Build into us today with emotional and spiritual strength by the power of Your Holy Spirit.
Keep our hearts and minds focused on You. Continue to redeem us from the pits of discouragement and despair as the enemy of our soul seeks to destroy the wonderful hope You brought us at the cross. Bless, encourage and lift our hearts today in a supernatural way so that we will know and feel Your love.
In the precious name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 10 - Jehovah-Elohay

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD my God. Does God seem distant today? Look at the many sides of this wonderful name today and be encouraged that He is near. Step out and draw near to Him and you will see Him in a fresh way today.

• My God, My Lord and God, My God in whom I trust, My God forever and ever. Ps 118:28; Rv 4:11; Ps 91:2; Ps 48:14
  • My Song, My Light and my Salvation, My Rear Guard, My Glory, The Lifter of my head. Ps 118:14; Ps 27:1; Is 52:12; Ps 3:3
  • My Father, Savior, Redeemer, Deliverer, Defender, Protector, Avenger. Is 63:16; Ps 42:5; Is 43:14; Ps 18:2; Pr 23:11; Ps 32:7; Ps 18:47
prayer & reflection

Lord God,
Thank you that over and over reference is made to You as “My” God… very personal, in the here and now… with me. Thank you that You inspired these Old Testament writers to record the very personal side of Your nature toward us.
My Savior… who lifts my feet out of the quicksand of sin.
My Redeemer… Who restores the destruction in my life that sometimes has come even by my own hand.
My Deliverer… Who will carry me through my circumstances and out the other side to victory.
My Defender… Who prays for me and shows me the way through injustice and wrongful charges.
My Protector… Who surrounds me with angels and who helps me guard my heart.
My Song… Who gives me deep peace and joy within even in the midst of trials.
The Lifter of my head… Who knows me and bestows on me the privilege and authority of being His child.
You are my God in whom I trust. Today I place my body, soul and spirit into the care and keeping of You, my faithful and trustworthy God. Direct me today as I go and remind me of all You are to me as I juggle life in my world.
In the precious name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 11 - Jehovah-Mekadeshkem

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD who sanctifies. I love the picture of our God and Father who is over all, and through all, and in all things.

Today, you are not isolated or alone in your situation, whatever it may be. Whether joy overflows in your heart or whether despair nips at the edges of your mind and heart, rest in the assurance that God is there in your situation with you. He will encourage you, teach you, instruct you, refine you and inspire and grow you as you trust in Him.
  • The True and Faithful Witness, The God who searches the hearts and minds of men, who humbles and exalts you. Jer. 42:5; Jer. 17:10; 1 Sm 2:7
  • He disciplines, tests, refines, teaches, instructs, inspires, encourages and sometimes even hardens hearts. Rom 9:18; Deut 8:5; James 1:12; Zac 13:9; Ps 32:8; 2 Tim 3:16; Ps 10:17
  • God our Father, One God and Father of all, Who is over all and through all and in all. Rom 1:7; Eph 4:6
Isn’t it encouraging to know that God is committed to your journey of faith and He desires to keep drawing you onward in knowing Him!
He searches our hearts and minds in order to refine us and teach us. Those niggling thoughts of things you need to let go of in your life are His call to you to journey forward. He instructs us and inspires us so that we will be encouraged as we go. We do not walk alone and He calls us to listen as He leads. He tests us and disciplines us. He humbles and exalts us yet He cannot work outside of His deep love for us and we know we can trust His goodness.
He is our God and our Father, the One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. He is so big yet so concerned about the specifics of “me”. Wow!
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You are the One who Sanctifies; You are at work making me holy. What a thought, Lord. I feel so far from holy yet You promise to refine me and teach me, to instruct me and inspire me.

Thank you that You never work apart from Your love for me. I trust Your goodness toward me even when I cannot understand it. Thank you that You are committed to my growth and my joy.

You are the One God who is over all and through all and in all. You are magnificent beyond my comprehension yet so loving and kind as You lead me on to blameless living, that is, living without rebellion in my heart. Show me today where any rebellion exists and help me to allow Your refining process to draw me upward and onward in complete trust in Your goodness.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 12 - Jehovah-Ahavah

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Love. Take a few minutes today to recall the faithfulness of the Lord to you as you look back on your life.

Where are the places you could feel Him and see Him at work? Where were the places when He seemed absent yet with hindsight you found He was there all along? God is faithful; He will be faithful and He calls us to trust His love and faithfulness today.
  • The LORD, the Compassionate and Gracious God, Slow to anger, Abounding in Love and Faithfulness, Maintaining love to thousands, Forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin, Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished. Isaiah 63:9, Ex 34:6, 7
  • His love reaches to the heavens, His faithfulness reaches to the skies, His righteousness is like the mighty mountains. Ps 36:5-6
  • He is Faithful to all His promises and Loving toward all He has made, He is near to all who call upon Him. Ps 145:13; Ps 145:18
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
Today I am reminded of how compassionate and gracious You are toward me. I need that reminder, Lord, as sometimes I forget that You are loving toward me. Sometimes I allow my busy days to distance me from that awareness of You.
Today I rest in Your love. I recall how Your word says You abound in love and faithfulness toward me. You maintain Your love to me. What a great picture as I go into my day… You offering me baskets overflowing with Your love and faithfulness. You will hold my hand and walk me through the ups and downs of this day that lies before me. What a promise! Thank you Lord. Help me to keep that picture in my mind as I go. It is so easy for me to forget that Your amazing love and faithfulness to me goes with me every step of my day.
Thank you that You are slow to anger, forgiving my rebellion and sin and yet You maintain justice in the process as well. Show me any place where I lean toward a rebellious heart today, Lord. Soften me and help me to allow Your grace to flow over me and Your strength to build me up in my inner being. It is a choice Lord, and today I say “yes” to You as you soften the putty of my heart so that Your imprint can be greater as I deal with those in my world today.
Your love reaches to the heavens! Your faithfulness reaches to the skies! Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains! You are near to all who call on You. Why would I ever want to take a step outside of that sheltering faithfulness? Today, when I am tempted to run ahead in my own understanding, help me to recall this wonderful abundance that You offer. May my mind, body and spirit be steeped in a greater awareness of Your overflowing love and faithfulness today. May I expect to experience them in greater measure as I say “yes” to Your Holy Spirit filling me with all that You are today.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 13 - Jehovah-Chesed

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Mercy. It’s easy to think of God in terms of good, patient, kind, gentle and forgiving when the sun is shining in our lives. Yet when challenges and surprises come that are unexpected and even unwelcome, it’s not uncommon for us to begin to doubt these characteristics of God.

As we explore all God is we are reminded that He remembers, He receives, He restores and reconciles and He revives and rewards. His heart is always toward working redemption in our lives.
  • A Good God, A Patient God, A Kind God, A Gentle God, A Forgiving God: Psalms 107:1; 2 Peter 3:9; Ephesians 2:7; Isaiah 40:11; Nehemiah 9:17
  • The God who remembers, receives, reconciles, restores, revives and rewards Ps 98:3; Ps 27:10; 2 Cor 5:18, 19: 1 Pet 5:10; Is 57:15; ###. 11:6.
  • His mercies are new every morning, With Him a day is like a thousand years, a thousand years are like a day. Lam 3:22, 23; 2 Pet 3: 8.
  • He wants none to perish, but all to come to repentance. 2 Pet 3:9
When we find ourselves in difficult days we know that keeping a soft heart toward God is very important. Even when we don’t understand what He is doing we can be assured that He is good and He is at work to redeem the situations and circumstances that we commit to His living care.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
I thank you today that You are good and kind. I praise You for being such a redeeming and reconciling God. Your mercies are new every morning. Help me today to recount those mercies and to offer You a grateful heart in return.
With you a day is like a thousand years, a thousand years is like a day. Nothing is outside of Your grasp and You are faithful to keep all that I have committed to You.
Forgive me when I doubt Your goodness. Give me patience today and give me grace to walk kindly and gently through my day. Give me wisdom to place each challenge in Your hands to restore and make something new from. I love You Lord and I thank you for Your hand of mercy in my life.
Help me to see Your hand at work today and to be truly thankful that You are my Lord and my God.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 14 - Jehovah-Tsedek

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Justice. We live in a world full of injustice. Things happen to people, by people, that never should happen. In those times when one is left reeling from injustice we know that our God will be The Rock of our lives. He will hold us fast and He will judge with righteousness and integrity.

Our part is to allow Him to be the Judge and to stand firmly on Him as our Rock and the steadfast hope of our lives.
  • The Rock, The Everlasting Rock, The Rock of Ages, The Rock of our Salvation, The Judge. Deut. 32:4; Isa. 26:4; Ps 95:1; Judges 11:27. Isaiah 30:18
  • A Righteous Judge, An Upright Judge, The Judge of all the earth, The Judge of all men. Ps 7:11; Ps 75:2; Gen 18:25; ###12:23.
  • One Lawgiver and Judge, Who alone is to be feared, The High and Lofty One. James 4:12; Ps 76:7; Matt 10:28; Isa 57:15.
  • His justice is like the great deep, His Word is flawless, powerful and eternal. Ps 36: 6; Pr 30:5; He 4:12; Ps 119:89.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that one of Your names is the LORD of justice. Thank you for the reminder today that You will act justly. I trust You today to handle the injustices of my life. Thank you that You are the Rock of Salvation and Your righteousness, uprightness and fairness will prevail as I leave the judging to You.
You alone are the one true lawgiver and judge who alone is to be feared. You are the high and lofty One who is the Rock of Ages. Your word tells us that Your justice is like the great deep. That is Salvation that I can depend on as I invite You to bring redemption to the injustices in my life.
Lord God, I ask today that I would not place myself as judge over those who have shown me injustice. I lean on Your word today that is flawless and powerful and eternal. Fill me with Your Spirit as I empty myself of judgment and leave it for You to deal with.
May my heart be refreshed today as I lean on Your holiness and integrity. Allow my mind and heart to be immersed in Your holiness. I lay any critical attitudes at Your feet toward those who have wronged me and I ask You to be their Judge. I stand on You, my Rock and rest securely in Your love and mercy.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Names of God Part 15 - Jehovah-Nagad

by Gail Rodgers
The LORD of Prophesy. What an amazing promise from the Lord that He will announce to us the things that are to come and He will give us all we need.

• “See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you” (Isaiah 42:9).
  • “The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:2).
  • The Spirit of the LORD, The Spirit of wisdom, understanding, council, power, knowledge and the fear of the Lord. Isa 11:2, Is 42:9; Jer 33:3; Dan 2:22.
  • A God of signs and symbols, The God who ordains and establishes. Gn 9:12-17; He 2:4; 1 Pt 3:20, 21; Ps 8:2; Gn 17:7
  • The God who makes known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is to still to come. Is 46:10
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I praise You this morning that You are the God who makes known the end from the beginning; from ancient times You reveal what is still to come.
Father, my ears are often not tuned to Your voice as I hurry through my day. I want to hear Your whisper. I want to walk in a way that Your Spirit can make known to me what I need to know.
Thank you that You are the Spirit of wisdom and that You give understanding, council, power, knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
As I walk through my day today I ask that You would make known to me the things I need to know. Reveal Your truth where things are unclear.
Thank you that You are the one Who ordains and establishes. You are the God of signs and symbols and You make Yourself known to those who draw near to You with open hearts.
Lord, keep my mind, my actions and my attitudes in line with Your will today. Keep me in the shadow of Your wing. Give me discipline to read Your Word and may my heart be tuned to hear Your voice. Give me boldness to speak Your love to those around me today.
Thank you that You desire to speak to us and to show us things to come.
May our lives today be reservoirs of Your love and mercy to take Your message of hope to the hungry hearts around us.
Post New ThreadReply