Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-24-2023, 07:20 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Spiritual Meditations - November 2

Attitude of Gratitude–Day 2 by SGLY Ministry

I AM GRATEFUL FOR….ANGELS OF GOD
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation? Hebrews 1:14 [NKJV]

An Attitude of Gratitude Thought & Prayer:
Thank You, God, for sending Your ministering angels to give aid, care and service to me each day as I walk in Your will, moving forth to one day receiving my heavenly inheritance, which is an eternity spent with You in Your kingdom.
Thank You, God, that Your angels are always about, ready and able to serve and protect me at Your command.
I am sure they have done so many times, even times I may not have been aware of, and so I give You thanks and praise Father God, for sending Your angels to minister to me daily as I walk in Your will and way.

For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:11 (NKJV)
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2023, 07:21 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

Today’s Scripture: "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits..." (Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

Daily Benefits

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a big appointment at work. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that seems to consume your thoughts. Today, I want to encourage you; instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today; He has provision in store for you today; He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with blessing!

The key to accessing these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, what the traffic is like, or what the stock market is doing. No, you have to choose to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps; something good is going to happen to me today!

A Prayer for Today: "Heavenly Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and a good example of Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Joel Osteen
Old 10-24-2023, 07:22 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

God is the Source of all understanding, love, patience, and kindness

Patience

I am one with the Source of all.

I know God as the Source of all understanding, love, patience, and kindness. I am part of this powerful Source. To achieve poise and serenity in my life, I have only to turn within to the silence of my soul.

If I am waiting in a line of shoppers, stuck in traffic, or just tired after a long day, I may find my patience waning. I take time, wherever I am, to reconnect with my Source. A moment of focus calms my mind and revives my spirit.

With my patience restored and my mind at ease, I better relate to and understand those around me. I remind myself that my Source is unlimited and eternal and that all else is just temporary.

I am one with the Source of all.

May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in harmony with one another, in accordance with Christ Jesus.—Romans 15:5

Daily Word
Old 10-24-2023, 07:22 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

How to Hug a Porcupine and Squeeze a Skunk by Karen Ehman

“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2 (NLT)

I once worked as a substitute teacher. While that evokes images of chewing gum stuck to chairs and strategically placed “Kick me!” signs, this was not my experience. Sure, many of the kids were squirrely, but I never had an ounce of trouble with any of them.

Until one day.

That was the day the principal told me, “In third hour you will have a student named John Smith. Just send him down to the office before class starts. He’s known as Big Bad John, and he’s never successfully made it through even one hour with a sub. He will disrupt the class, bully others and try to make you look stupid. I want to spare you any confrontation.”

I knew exactly which student he meant and really wanted a chance to reach this troublemaker. So I petitioned the principal: “May I attempt to keep him in class and then send him to the office if he causes trouble? I’d love to try, if you don’t mind.”

“Be my guest,” he laughingly replied. “I’ll expect him shortly after class begins.”

Just before third period, a towering, husky student appeared in the doorway. He had on ripped jeans — before they were fashionable — and a soiled light blue T-shirt. I could tell from the way the students stayed back that his odor was as unpleasant as his appearance and personality. I shot up a quick prayer and greeted him.

With a smug look on his unwashed face, he boldly declared, “I suppose you’ve heard ’bout me. I’ll bet the principal told you to send me right to the office ’cause ain’t none of you subs able to handle me.”

“Nope,” I replied, just as quickly and confidently. “I heard you were going to be in my class, and I also heard you are a great kid. Do you mind helping me pass out these papers?”

Big Bad John wasn’t sure what to do. Some he threw on the floor. Another he used to play a game of keep-away with a girl in class. I followed behind him, corrected whatever he did, picking up the papers or gently taking one from his hand to give to a student. I thanked him when he was through, making no comment on his behavior.

Next, we watched a movie, and John began to act like his nickname. He was disruptive — not just talking but also taunting other students.

I walked over to his chair, squatted down, looked him in the eye and firmly but gently said, “Hey, look, John. I know that you have a reputation of never being able to make it through an hour with a substitute teacher. But I say today we show the principal a thing or two. I know you can cooperate. I know you are a good kid deep down inside. I’d love for that good kid to come out today and for us to be friends. Are you willing to give it a try, just this once?”

His countenance softened. For the last 15 minutes of class, John actually watched the movie without incident. After class, the school’s office staff buzzed with the news that this school bully had made it through an entire hour with a sub. After that, whenever I had John in class, he behaved well. In fact, when he saw me out at a basketball game or the grocery store, he smiled, waved and hollered, “Hi, lady.”

It’s easy to love those who are lovable. It’s a breeze to be kind to people you like. But to truly be patient and gentle toward someone who acts unloving or unbecoming is an altogether special assignment — one Jesus not only taught, but modeled.

He spent much of his time on earth with the not-so-popular people. He touched the leper. He granted dignity to the prostitute. He welcomed children and the tax collectors and those whom society rejected. Jesus modeled upside-down living and loving. And He urges us to do the same.

Let’s make it our aim not to just love the easy-to-love, but to hug the “porcupines” and squeeze the “skunks” in our lives, reaching those whose behavior and demeanor usually pushes people away rather than draws them in close.

Father, give me eyes to see through others’ tough exteriors to their hearts — hearts that so desperately need a loving touch from You through me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
John 15:17, “This is my command: Love each other.”
Old 10-24-2023, 07:22 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Defeat Worry.

When worried, pray, using this formula: "I place this day, my life, my loved ones, my work in the Lord's hands. There is no harm in the Lord's hands, only good. Whatever happens, whatever results, if I am in the Lord's hands, it is the Lord's will and it is good."

No. 7 in a series of 100 Power Thoughts from The Power of Positive Thinking, the All-Time
Old 10-24-2023, 07:22 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

Today’s Scripture: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1, NIV)

In the Day of Trouble

God is always present with you. That means at all times, continually, perpetually, throughout all time, God is with you. In your day of trouble, He is there to help you. How is He your help? By providing whatever you need; by opening doors for you; by orchestrating things in your favor. “Help” is specific to your need and we serve a God who is very specific. Because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today: “Father, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Joel Osteen Today’s Scripture: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1, NIV)

In the Day of Trouble

God is always present with you. That means at all times, continually, perpetually, throughout all time, God is with you. In your day of trouble, He is there to help you. How is He your help? By providing whatever you need; by opening doors for you; by orchestrating things in your favor. “Help” is specific to your need and we serve a God who is very specific. Because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today: “Father, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Joel Osteen
Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you

* Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22
* Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. I Peter 5:7
* I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you. Hosea 14:8
* And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you Matthew: 6:30
* You saw how the LORD your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Deuteronomy 1:31

Today's message is specially for those who constantly worry about this or that. The verses here make it crystal clear that our Lord will sustain us through our tough times as long as we cast our cares on Him. What does it mean to cast our cares on the Lord?

It simply means bringing our burdens to His feet, praying it over from the depth of our hearts, crying it over (if we feel like) at His feet (not to anyone else), and then no longer be burdened by it but rejoice in His love. You might ask how is it even possible not to be burdened by it?

The answer is if you truly believe God will answer your prayers and handle it for you, you will know better to refrain from worrying further. Or in other words if you continue to worry it only means you have not trusted Him to lead you through.

I am casting all my worries right away; hope you will join me too!

Coffee with Jesus
Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer is simply talking to God

Deuteronomy 4:7b '.... the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to Him.'

- Prayer is simply talking to God.
- It is a delight to think that we can turn to Him in prayer at any moment.
- As we do so we can know that He is near to us and not afar off.
- May you know His abiding presence today as you continue to trust Him!

PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are just a prayer away. I rejoice in knowledge that that the Lord my God is near to me and that You hear my call and prayers. Amen.

Kind Regards
Pastor Andrew & Vanessa Roebert
Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

Never Forgotten

Thought for the Day

"On the days that you feel forgotten and left behind, know that you are always in the forefront of God's thoughts. Let this brighten your day and let no person try to take this away from you as no one can change your nature as a beloved child of God."

Today's Word

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." (Isaiah 49:15-16 NIV)

Today's Prayer

Lord, thank you for always being with me even when it seems like everyone else has left me behind. There are times at work or in my personal life when I feel forgotten. It is during these times that I can count on you as I know that I am always in your thoughts and you are always working to make my future brighter. Amen

The Whisper Of God
Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

Light In The Darkness

Are you afraid to go in the basement with the lights off? Or take out the garbage late at night? Most of us have an inherent fear or uneasiness about the dark. Isn’t it interesting how with the lights on, the same basement is not scary, and there is no fear walking down the driveway in the daylight.

Jesus said in John 8:12 “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Our life without Jesus is like walking in the dark basement or dark night. The devil, the ruler of this dark world, is working to keep us from finding the light. With Jesus, the light of the world, we do not need to fear the darkness.

Dear Lord, help us remember that following you is what lights our world and removes the fear of the unknown darkness. Help us share this light with others that they may know the peace it brings as well. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

http://seekyefirstthekingdom.net/
Old 10-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

God Is Able and Stable - Joyce Meyer Ministries

For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. — Proverbs 2:6

My husband, Dave, is a great example of someone who consistently lives with peace and stability. He often reminds me of a rock, which is one of the names of Jesus.
You see, like a steady rock, Jesus remains unchanging. The writer of Hebrews says that He’s the same yesterday, today, and forever.
I used to struggle to live with the same peace and stability that Dave has. I would be happy one day and depressed the next. Finally, I realized what makes Dave so peaceful: He trusts in the unchanging God. He knows that no matter what happens, God will stay the same.
The Bible tells us that the Lord our God, who is with us at all times, is the Mighty One (see Zephaniah 3:17)—mighty to help us overcome and live by His unchangeable Word and Spirit.
Our God is able...and stable. Why not trust Him today? When you realize that no matter what, God stays the same, and you base your life on His unchanging nature, you can enjoy the continual, calm delight that He longs to give you. Why not start today?

Prayer: God, You are able and stable! You’re the only constant in this life. I know that no matter what happens, I can rely on You and Your unchanging nature.
Post New ThreadReply