Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-01-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - August

August 1

"I am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved" (John 10:9).

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. – Matthew 6:6

Matthew 26:39 “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

1 Peter 2:24 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

Psalm 119:114 “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

"He has showed you what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:26

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. — Revelation 3:20

I lavish my love on those who love me and obey my commands. Exodus 20:6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ⁠—Romans 8:38-39

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

James 1:22 “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”
Old 08-03-2019, 01:59 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 3

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. – Matthew 5:6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. ⁠—2 Corinthians 5:21

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24)

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture said, streams of living water will flow from within him." —John 7:37-38
Old 08-04-2019, 03:44 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 4

Behold, how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! For this cause the world doesn't know us, because it didn't know him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be. But we know that, when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is. - 1 John 3:1-2

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. – Matthew 5:5

Put your trust in Me, and I will keep you safe.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. ⁠—Proverbs 29:25

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:2 – The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: - John 1:12

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalm 18:1-3 I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:39 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 5

2 Timothy 3:16 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Ask My Holy Spirit to help you pray. And find other people who will pray with you. As you pray together, call upon Me with a humble heart.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land." ⁠—2 Chronicles 7:14

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 7:37-38 – On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. (Psalm 37:4-6, NIV)

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35

Psalm 29:11 (NIV) The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.

Thought: He knows what you need. Turn to Him today.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 6

Ephesians 4:26 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

Ephesians 4:30-31 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. ⁠—1 Peter 2:9

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
Old 08-07-2019, 04:50 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 7

Matthew 5:14-16 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Isaiah 6:8 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

"Those who wait upon the Lord, will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like the eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

‘Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”’ (Psalm 91:1,2).

Ephesians 4:2-7 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.

2 Samuel 7:22 NIV "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you."
Old 08-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 8

Psalm 91:9-16 9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, 10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

“Don’t let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good” (Romans 12:21).

All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. – John 14:25-26

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval. —John 6:27

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:56 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 9

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Colossians 3:16

The Lord gives strength to his people. The Lord blesses his people with peace. ?—Psalm 29:11

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." -- Matthew 21:21,22

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17)

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 10

The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever. 1 Peter 1:24-25

“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God” (1 John 4:7, NIV).

Ezekiel 11:19-20 – And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Psalm 23:2-3 – He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

I will be to you a Father. You will be to me sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:18

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. – Psalm 27:14

1 Peter 5:10 NIV The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
Old 08-11-2019, 03:24 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 11

There is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life — not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

Hebrews 11:6 NIV And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 12

Hebrews 13:1-2 1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Hebrews 13:5-6 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (Ephesians 4:29, NIV)

The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother." - Matthew 12:50
Old 08-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. ?—Romans 8:26

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 2 Corinthians 2:14 NIV

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Isaiah 54:10 – "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 34:4-8 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12
Old 08-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Colossians 3:12 – Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (NIV)

Isaiah 30:18 – Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! (NIV)

May the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 3:12
Old 08-15-2019, 04:19 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. —Proverbs 11:25

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

1 John 4:9 NIV This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

1 Peter 3:8-11 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it.

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. Psalm 103:8
Post New ThreadReply