View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 22

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done. Amen.

Meditation

[May the work of Jesus Christ be done in me today.]

For Those in Financial Difficulty

Lord God, I remember and pray for all those suffering severe financial problems; the unemployed, the homeless, the bankrupt, the hungry, and those in desperate fear of such problems; people who are deep in debt, not to be able to pay bills, who are losing or have lost possessions to foreclosure, or who have to watch their dependents go without things they need. I open my heart to them. I pray that your Holy Spirit will be with them, that they find comfort in utter trust and faith in you, and that their anxieties be alleviated by certainty of your love. And if it is your will, I pray that they can find a way out of their difficulties, into financial stability.

And finally, I pray that I not close my eyes to them; and that I not judge those in pain, however they might have acted; but instead, that I might love them as your have loved me, despite my faults. And if it is your will, that I might do what I can to ease their pain. In the name of Christ, who loved us so perfectly, I pray, Amen.

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

My Father, may my daily work not be the means of separating me from thee, but may I have thee for my companion through my work. Forbid that I should ever submit to despair from weakness of body, but that I may be blest and grow strong as my spirit lives in thee. Amen.

“A Prayer For Persecuted Christians”

Father, You are my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid? You protect me from danger so why should I be nervous? When evil people seek to destroy me; when my enemies attack me, they will stumble and fall at Your command. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will be steadfast. Even if they attack me, I remain confident that You are watching over me. My heart’s desire is to be in Your presence where I praise You by meditating on Your truths. I find comfort in Your merciful provisions. In the day of trouble You will keep me safe. You will hide me in the shelter of Your tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then I will hold my head high, above my enemies who surround me. Through it all I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord. Help me to wait for You, Lord, to be strong and take heart, as I wait for You. I will see Your mighty hand of provision here on this side or I will view You in all Your majesty on the other side where You reign supreme. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for always hearing my prayers. I ask only that you grant me wisdom to follow your will so I do not head down the wrong path.

Dear heavenly Father, how grateful I am that You have made such wonderful things for us to feast on, at Your table. It is so wonderful to understand Your Word and to know the presence of the Holy Spirit. I do need Your help in building and setting in order the things in my life. Give me Your wisdom for the task. I also need Your love and Your strength to carry out those things, that You have spoken to me to do. Lord, I want to be a blessing today, as I labor in Your Kingdom. Help me to represent You well, and to be good and kind to all of those in my house and office, and all that I meet, as well. Thank you for Your love and watch care over me and all of my family and loved ones. Bless Your people all over the world. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: