View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

October 13

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

In this way we tried to shape a sane and sound ideal for our future sex life. We subjected each relation to this test - was it selfish or not? We asked God to mold our ideals and help us to live up to them. We remembered always that our sex powers were God-given and therefore good, neither to be used lightly or selfishly nor to be despised and loathed.
Whatever our ideal turns out to be, we must be willing to grow toward it. We must be willing to make amends where we have done harm, provided that we do not bring about still more harm in so doing. In other words, we treat sex as we would any other problem. In meditation, we ask God what we should do about each specific matter. The right answer will come, if we want it. - Pg. 69 - How It Works

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Even when our intentions are good, when we try to dominate the actions of others, we usually end up on a collision course with them. This hour, let us tend to our affairs and not the affairs of others.

Tolerance is my path to harmony with my fellows. May I be granted some tolerance this hour.

Fear of Change

Today, I am able to live with my fear that I will not like myself or those close to me if we change. Change is threatening, and healing and growing include change. It doesn't matter to my fearful self if the change is for the better or worse. In fact, change for the better can sometimes be even more threatening. I fear that I will not know how to act or have the tools to be with the 'better' without smearing my disease all over it. I remind myself today, again, that I do not have to grow perfectly. This is not an easy road, but the gains are so apparent that I will have faith that my tough times will come to an end.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Some members believe that our program is too idealistic and doesn't really apply in the 'real' world. They don't get the 'in all our affairs' part. If it works in any place, then it works in every place.

If I work my program in only one place, then I'm not working my program.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

The miracle of recovery is that no matter where you are, you're here.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am at peace today, knowing that God is doing for me what I cannot do for myself.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I try to keep my words palatable - I never know when I may have to eat them. - Anon.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote