View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

Prayer for the Morning (written by Metropolitan Philaret)

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me. Amen.

Prayer for Deliverance

Dear Lord, grant me, I beseech you, your divine helping grace. Endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering. I flee to you, my only hope and refuge, for relief and comfort, trusting to your infinite love and compassion; that in due time, you will deliver me from all the trials of this life and turn my distress into comfort. I rejoice in your mercy. I exalt and praise your holy name, oh Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and forever. Amen.

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

A Morning Prayer

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly unto the throne of grace, that I may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in my time of need. Father, I thank You for a good night’s rest. I laid down in peace, and slept; You made me dwell in safety. Grant me the grace to walk through this day in true godliness with contentment. I bind mercy and truth around my neck, and write them on the table of my heart, and I will find favor in the sight of God and man. With Your grace I will serve my employer and everything I do today I do in singleness of heart as unto the Lord. Amen.

Scripture Reading Psalm 4:8 Hebrews 4:16 Proverbs 3:3-4 Col. 3:22

Dear Lord, are You still there? Forgive me for breaking our connection. I've been thinking of what You said yesterday. Forgive me for thinking that I could manage my life without You. ... I've reread Your Word, where You said through Your Son, Jesus: "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, ... for My yoke is easy, and My load is light."* I realize that if I seek to discover Your will for my life, and to be "yoked" to You, that Your yoke will not chafe if I am truly walking closely with You, and in sync with Your will. ... The two of us together, Lord, will be carrying my load! I need never walk alone! ... I took time to count my blessings -- my loving spouse, my children -- all are helping out and encouraging me. We have our health, but most of all, we are growing closer to You. ... In the years ahead, we may even see that what we considered to be a catastrophe may be turned into a blessing as we each grow in our faith. Thank You, Lord, for Your very real presence in our lives.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (Matt. 11:28-30)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Let’s pause to express thanks for the good things in our lives:
- for people who have given us love and friendship, encouragement and support...
- for our talents and health, and for the opportunities that come to us...
- for the beauty that we see, and the inspiration we receive.

“A Prayer For Enjoying Work”

Father, our ability to work is a blessing. The drive and dedication to be a good worker, rather than one who does as little as possible to draw a paycheck, is pleasing to You and a testimony to others. We are further motivated because You give us a healthy mind, strong bodies and a desire to provide for our own. In addition we are spurred on to help others who are truly in need and joyfully give of our resources to help provide for them. We pray for those seeking employment but have found one door after another closed. Provide for their needs, open doors for employment and grow them in ways they never imagined during this dry season of their lives. We delight in doing Your will; we joyfully contribute to the needs of others; and we seek to positively influence those around us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Father, there are not enough words to say how truly grateful I am that you are with me to guide me. Instead of words, just know my heart.

Let Me See Release From My Addiction by Maureen Pratt
O Lord, with each new day, help me to be strong and continue to trust you. Bring into my eyes and heart an honesty that sees my true situation and finds support in your goodness and guidance. Let me see release from my addiction and a renewed joy in living from this day forward.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: