View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
yukonm
Administrator

September 5

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

In our personal stories you will find a wide variation in the way each teller approaches and conceives of the Power which is greater than himself. Whether we agree with a particular approach or conception seems to make little difference. Experience has taught us that these are matters about which, for our purpose, we need not be worried. They are questions for each individual to settle for himself. - Pg. 50 - We Agnostics

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

'Let Go and Let Go' is a simple phrase that helps us realize that we are not in charge of the world. Our need to control and manage all things in our life will soon be replaced as we allow our Spiritual Source to operate.

Let this phrase gently lead me to practice Step three each time I hear it in a meeting or see it written on the walls of our meetings.

I Thank You God

I will say 'thank you God' today each time something happens that feels nice. If I enjoy my cup of tea in the morning, I will say 'thank you God.' If I see a quarter on the sidewalk I will pick it up and thank God. If someone smiles at me in a way that feels good, if the sun feels warm on my back, if my car starts, my dinner is there or someone in my life is with me for another day, I will say 'thank you', recognizing that these are all blessings. By the end of the day, I will have thanked God for a lot of things. I will have remembered what makes my life worth living. I will have increased my conscious contact with the source of all good.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

'There are no deals being offered here. You cannot trade the courage needed to live every moment for immunity from life's sorrows.' ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer, The Invitation.

To gain that worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am a terrific human being.

I deserve wonderful things to happen to me . . . and they are.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck... It's probably an alcoholic. - Unknown origin ( Probably Duck. )

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote