Thread: Magnify God
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Magnify God

A Bible Devotion

Magnify God

ACTS 10:46a NKJ 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

PSALM 34:3 NKJ 3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.

In the New Testament, the word translated "magnify" is the Greek word "megaluno." It means to make great or enlarge.

We certainly cannot make God any greater, but we can perceive Him as greater in our lives. In other words, what we think of God can be enlarged.

How can we do this?

What you focus your attention on will seem bigger, because you are choosing to let it occupy your time and thinking.

Very small objects can block very large ones. A small coin in front of your eye can block the sun from view. Yet the sun is infinitely larger than the coin. It's the placement in your life that determines how big things seem to you.

An airplane in the sky can look very small, though in reality it is huge. That is only because you are far away from it.

When Scripture talks of magnifying God, we assume it meant they were praising God and talking of His greatness and goodness.

Does God seem big and capable in your thinking? If not, then magnify Him!

Do the problems you face seem like giants? Then remove your attention and focus from the problems -- de-magnify them -- and focus on the Lord. To shrink the problem, magnify the solution.

The more you think about a problem you are facing, the larger it can seem. The more you think about God, what He has created, and all He has done, the smaller the problem will look compared to God.

God IS greater than any problem or any situation you face. You just need to realize it and quit letting the problem be your focus.

Praise God and magnify Him!

SAY THIS: I will magnify God in my life.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links