View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 08:03 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 27

Wisdom for Today
As we become more established in the program and integrate the program into our lives, we discover the necessity to maintain balance. We find that we need to remain focused on our goal of recovery, but we also need to spend time paying attention to everything else in our lives. There is a temptation for many of us to just invest our time and energy into the program and ignore all the rest. This happens for many reasons. For some of us, we unconsciously use the program to hide from our other responsibilities. For some of us, we do this simply because we are still afraid of dealing with life on life’s terms. For others, we find the camaraderie of the fellowship so inviting that see it as a way to get all of our intimacy needs met. None of these reasons is healthy for our recovery.
Recovery is about more than simple abstinence. It is about learning to live again and we cannot do this if we are avoiding life. Our number one priority is to remain clean and sober, but we should not use this to avoid our other responsibilities. Each of us has other responsibilities in our life. We have family, occupational, financial, health, and personal responsibilities that exist outside of the meetings. We need to carry the program into each of these areas of our life and apply the principles of the program to all that we do. Here is where we practice the principles. We crawled out of the mire of addiction and we now must learn to walk through life. Walking requires that we learn balance. Have I learned to balance program and life’s responsibilities?
Meditations for the Heart
Where do I find the strength I require to find balance and accept the responsibilities I have? It is easy to become overwhelmed if we rely only on our strength. To find the strength necessary for the tasks at hand, we learn to rely on our Higher Power as the resource of our strength. We turn to God daily and ask for his ceaseless supply of strength to be added to our own. We tap into this supply of strength each day and go about doing what God wants us to do in each area of our life. As long as we rely on His strength, we find that we are able to accomplish much. When we run low, we simply return to our Higher Power and ask that our energy is renewed. God will indeed refuel our engines. Here we find the strength we seek and are filled with newness of spirit. Do I seek out His strength each day?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Sometimes I feel like I am juggling too much. Help me this day to set my priorities in the way that You would want me to. Help me to remain balanced in my walk through life. Give me the strength and energy I need for this day. Let me not use the program as a place to hide from my responsibilities, rather let me use the program as a guide to be more responsible with the activities of my life.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: