View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

FINDING GOD'S WAY

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or
another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our
mistakes, training us to live God's way." 2 Timothy 3:16 (The Message)

"Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 85

For what it's worth: Alcohol and Scripture did not fit together. Nor was I a bit interested in God's will, only my will to drink. This attitude combined with alcohol forced me to the gates of hell, and the despair and soul-torture there drove me to seek relief in Alcoholics Anonymous. However, the members and the Twelve Steps spoke powerfully of my need to know and practice God's will to avoid entering the gates of hell. I had to have God's support to do this, and, eventually, He introduced me to the book, Alcoholics Anonymous. (I had thrown away the first three given to me because of all the "God stuff".) After years of reading this book, I came to realize the Bible and the book, Alcoholics Anonymous are closely related, so I use both daily for training to live my day God's way.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: