View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 02:57 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Prayer To Help Let Go

Lord,
Would help me to simply let go of all the fears and worries, problems and doubts, guilt and disappointments that seem to be filling my heart and mind so often, during the course of a day.

Fill my hurting soul with Your love and peace I pray. Fill the emptiness and pain that is tearing my life asunder. Lord, You know what is in my heart and why I am going through this time of fear and worry. Help me Lord, to take every thought captive, to hand it over to You as it rears up in my mind.

Lord, I also ask that You would teach me how to submit my life to You. Show me how to abide in You day by day, and instruct me how to live in spirit and truth. Help me Lord, to give control of my life over to You in every way, and to become the person You would have me be.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We who have learned to put our alcoholic problem in God's hands, can help others to do so.

We can be used as a connection between an alcoholic's need and God's supply of strength. We in Alcoholics Anonymous can be uniquely useful, just because we have the misfortune or fortune to be alcoholics ourselves. Do I want to be a uniquely useful person?

So ............

Will I use my own greatest defeat and failure and sickness as a weapon to help others?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Perspective

In our daily lives we often take a very short perspective. We see what is worrisome today, what is pressing hardest, or what is most frightening or confusing. Eventually, we may look back and have a totally different idea about what was truly important on this day.

Let us take a moment now to remember what does endure, what we value most, what counts in the long run. For a brief quiet time we can let go of all the anxieties of this moment. During these few quiet moments, we will identify our tensions and then place them totally into the hands of our Higher Power. This is our time to let go of our worries and be refreshed. It will provide a background of serenity for our day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beginning

I knew I had to have a new beginning, and this beginning had to be here. I could not start anywhere else. I had to let go of the past and forget the future.
As long as I held on to the past with one hand and grabbed at the future with the other hand, I had nothing to hold on to today with. So I had to begin here, now.

Came To Believe Page 46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So, it is true, that by altering this perception we can alter our reality.” ~ William Constantine

“Sometimes a change of perspective is all it takes to see the light.” ~ Dan Brown
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: