View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #15
yukonm
Administrator

August 14

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

To be gravely affected, one does not necessarily have to drink a long time nor take the quantities some of us have. This is particularly true of women. Potential female alcoholics often turn into the real thing and are gone beyond recall in a few years. Certain drinkers, who would be greatly insulted if called alcoholics, are astonished at their inability to stop. We, who are familiar with these symptoms, see large numbers of potential alcoholics among young people everywhere. But try and get them to see it! - Pgs. 33-34 - More About Alcoholism

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Our new life-style calls for a new self-responsibility. Is there something we are committed to do this afternoon? Go to a group, go to a meeting, call a friend, pray? We begin the process of being responsible by being on time, keeping promises, doing what our sponsor says.

Give me the persistence to meet my obligations this afternoon.

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Going to a lot of meetings is important, supportive, and full of fellowship. However, our program is not about meetings but what happens in between meetings.

Do I align my actions with the picture I paint of myself in meetings?

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

If you have two addictions, throw two bucks in the basket.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I trust what I feel and I listen to my inner voice.

It does not matter if it is logical or if others agree. My feelings and emotions guide me on a path that is right for me.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Rome wasn't built in a day - That's because and alcoholic didn't get the contract. - Broken Hill Jack.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: