View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
yukonm
Administrator

September 16

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

The old pleasures were gone. They were but memories. Never could we recapture the great moments of the past. There was an insistent yearning to enjoy life as we once did and a heartbreaking obsession that some new miracle of control would enable us to do it. There was always one more attempt -- and one more failure. - Pg. 151 - A Vision For You

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

'Let Go and Let God' is a simple phrase that helps us realize that we are not in charge of the world. Our need to control and manage all things in our life will soon be replaced as we allow Our Spiritual Source to operate.

Let this phrase gently lead me to practice Step three each time I hear it in a meeting or see it written on the walls of our meetings.

Paying it Forward

Today I will show my gratitude for the many kindnesses I have received by paying it forward, by giving what I have so appreciated getting to another individual. I remember how good it felt to have some one reach out to me in generosity. I will do that for someone today. I will see an opportunity to give and I will give. Whether it's a smile, an encouraging word, an extra moment of my time or some kind of object. I will not hang on to it, I will give it. And when I do give it I will say a quiet thank you to the person who gave to me. I will see the gift going full circle.

- Tian Dayton PhD

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

There are no musts in our program, but a lot of 'have-tos'.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Light is shining on my path today as I face in the direction of love and goodness.

One step at a time is leading me exactly where I need to be.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I drank like eight pigs. - Mike.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links