View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

September 11

Forgiveness
I must forgive injuries, not just in words, or as a matter of form, but in my heart.
I do this not for the other persons' sake, but for my own sake.
Resentment, anger, or a desire to see someone punished, are things that rot my soul.
Such things fasten my troubles to me with chains.
~ Daily Reflections, p. 88

Thought to Ponder . . .
Forgiveness is the final form of love.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
T G I F = Thank God I'm Forgiven.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Diagnosis
"We do not like to pronounce any individual as alcoholic,
but you can quickly diagnose yourself.
Step over to the nearest barroom
and try some controlled drinking.
Try a drink and stop abruptly. Try it more than once.
It will not take long for you to decide,
if you are honest with yourself about it.
It may be worth a case of the jitters if you get a
full knowledge of your condition."
c. 1976, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 31-2

Thought to Consider . . .
I have learned that I did not get here a day early
or a drink short.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
Y A N A = You Are Not Alone

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Keep Things Simple
But when it comes to the actual spending of cash, particularly for A.A. service overhead, many of us are apt to turn a bit reluctant. We think of the loss of all that earning power in our drinking years, of those sums we might have laid by for emergencies or for education of the kids. We find, too, that when we drop money in the meeting hat there is no such bang as when we talk for hours to a newcomer. There is not much romance in paying the landlord. Sometimes we hold off when we are asked to meet area or Intergroup service expenses. As to world services, we may remark, Well, those activities are a long way off, and our group does not really need them. Maybe nobody needs them. These are very natural and understandable reactions, easy to justify. We can say, "Let's not spoil A.A. with money and service organization. Let's separate the material from the spiritual. That will really keep things simple.
Bill W.
1962, AAWS, Inc., Twelve Concepts for World Service, page 65

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Alcoholics Anonymous has given me something of real value that I can share with others."
Tucson, Ariz., May 2004
"The Fugitives"
Spiritual Awakenings II

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Outsiders are sometimes shocked when we burst into merriment over a
seemingly tragic experience out of the past. But why shouldn't we
laugh? We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132~

Imagine life without faith! Were nothing left but pure reason, it wouldnt be life.
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 54~

"Wait until repeated stumbling convinces him he must act, for the more you hurry him the longer his recovery may be delayed."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 113

"When the distortion has been great, however, a long period of patient striving may be necessary."
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 118

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

How wonderful is the feeling that we do not have to be specially distinguished among our fellows in order to be useful and profoundly happy. Not many of us can be leaders of prominence, nor do we wish to be.
Service gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted or solved with God's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside we are partners in a common effort, the fact that in God's sight all human beings are important, the proof that love freely given brings a full return, the certainty that we are no longer isolated and alone in self-constructed prisons, the surety that we can fit and belong in God's scheme of things - these are the satisfactions of right living for which no pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be substitutes.

Prayer for the Day: God, should I find myself agitated, doubtful or indecisive today, please give me inspiration, help me to have an intuitive thought or a decision about this problem I face. Help me not to struggle, instead, help me to relax and take it easy. Help me know what I should do and keep me mindful, that you are running the show. Free me from my bondage of self. Thy will be done always.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote