View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 10

Prayer of Praise (from Isaiah 45)

You are the Lord, and there is no other; apart from You there is no God. From the rising to the setting of the sun, I know there is none besides You. You formed the earth; You made the earth to be inhabited, and you created me in your image to dwell upon it. All praise to the great Creator: You are the Lord, and there is no other. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

Father, I thank you for all the pioneers who blazed the way, all the veterans cheering me on. I will never quit! I lay aside every weight and every sin that would hinder me. I fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. I am running to win. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Amen

Lord, lead me to look for the positive in all people and in all situations. May I help bring light to those in darkness, and encouragement to those who feel unhappy. May I show as much care for others as I would like them to show for me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, we love and worship You today. Thank you for giving us the revelation of Your Word so that we may have the knowledge and wisdom we need daily as we walk in this world. Lord, help me to not to be one who thinks that I must speak about every situation that arises. Help me to guard my mouth and speak only when I can bless and edify others. Lord, I do not want to speak just to be heard. Lord, I ask You also to forgive me when I have spoken in-advisably and brought pain to someone because my words were not kind or loving. Fill my mouth daily and let me be a blessing in this world. Also, let me be a good listener as well and when I do give advice let it be Your Word that I speak. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord, Almighty God, you are our Father and we are your children, who want to live for you through Jesus Christ our Lord. Strengthen and renew our hearts. When discouragement and fear try to mislead us, may your Holy Spirit help us again and again to hold fast, for no matter what difficulties arise, your will is being done and your will is good. Your name will be honored. Your kingdom will come for all nations. Your reign will come over all peoples, for they are all yours and must acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to your honor, O Father. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: