View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Deuteronomy 8:1-4 — Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors. Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.

It's usually easy for us to take God's protection for granted. We seldom take notice or thank God when our car doesn’t break down, our clothes don’t rip, or our tools don’t break. The people of Israel also failed to take notice, it seems, for they didn’t even notice that in forty years of wandering in the desert, their clothes didn’t wear out and their feet didn’t swell. Thus, they did not remember to give thanks to God for these blessings. What has been working well for you? What has been giving you good service? What has been lasting for a long time without breaking down or apart? Remember to thank God for these quiet blessings!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: