View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:03 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

O is for Opinion. Everyone has one and have a right to express themselves. We can agree to disagree, we don't have to carry a resentment. We each have to find our own program and find what works for us. Some people do a meeting every week, others only do 2-4 meetings a week, others just go to their home group. As long as it keeps them clean and sober, all the more power to them. Me, I was one of the sick ones. I did two meetings a day for two years, and went to a 3rd, twice a week if I could get a ride. Some people don't get sponsors or if they do, the person is in name only and they rarely call them. Me, I had an AA sponsor, a NA sponsor for a short time, until I found a woman in AA who had been a heroin addict, who got triggered in NA, so went to AA for her recovery. My first sponsor was dually addicted and went to AA. I also had co-sponsors, Indian women from AA. My first sponsor in Al-Anon died and we were sponsoring each other prior to her passing. It was a great experience. The same happened with my Service sponsor, who took credit for teaching me to laugh at myself. I am fortunate to have these wonderful women in my life. I would not be clean and sober without them.
I did go to them for their ESH, and made the decision myself. My co-sponsor said you have the answers within.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote