View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:52 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Today's Thought - September

September 1

Do we manage ourselves to the best of our ability?

Some of us are in the program because the drinkers in our lives are out of control and we feel crazy. Others of us come to the program certain that we are managing our lives very well but hoping to learn how to better manage someone else. For some of us, the addict may have stopped using, but the feelings of hopelessness remain. Whatever our reason for being here, we are in the right place.

The program can teach us a lot if we are willing to learn. The first test of our willingness is being able to accept our powerlessness over others. Surrendering to God the management of all the other people in our lives will free us to better manage ourselves. But what does that mean? It means taking no action that we haven't talked over with a friend and with God. It means always loving and never harming the people we care about. It means never giving up the belief that our journey has purpose.

I will pay more attention to my own behavior than someone else's today. Managing me will keep me plenty busy. If I do it well, I'll be happy.

You are reading from the book:

A Life of My Own by Karen Casey
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links