View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, as praise. Amen.

To Live in God's Presence

Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you. Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul even when the things of this world give me pain.

Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you. Let my every word be a prayer. Amen.

Meditation

[God is with me right now.]

Lord Jesus, I am looking and listening, and I am in the spirit. You have knocked and I have opened the door. Come into my heart and let us eat of the living bread and drink from the fountain that never runs dry. Today, I rejoice in You and I am exceedingly glad. Glory and honor belong to You, my Redeemer, my Elder Brother, my Lord. It is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. My beloved is mine and I am His. Amen.

Lord forbid that I should fear to change for the better or be so pleased with myself and the things which surround me that I feel no need for a higher life. Make me dissatisfied if I am not trying to grow in truth and to live in noble deeds. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise you for all of Your goodness to us as Your children. I am blessed to know You and to follow You. Lord, help me to make wise decisions in all the things that I daily face. Give me Your love for all that I meet. Lord, in all of my affairs, help me not to procrastinate in dealing with the responsibilities that are before me. I do need Your guidance to know the things that should be priorities in my life, as sometime I do not know what needs to be taken care of first. Help me, in all my daily activities at home and at the office, to demonstrate Your nature. I ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Save me from my pride, Lord,
My focus just on me;
Help me learn to serve, Lord,
Show me how to be.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: