View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 01:59 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

Prayer to Awaken The Dawn

Dear Lord,
Sometimes I arise before dawn, I awake in the darkness but know that the light will emerge. I wait on you Lord in hard times, just like those dark mornings when my heart feels cold, when I need to trust that the dawn will break, that light, life and love will shine bright. Help me to remember at these times that morning has broken through the darkness, and to trust you with the anxieties, fears and grief of the night. I will draw near to you, I will wait for the dawn.

-- Thomas Traherne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

...........practice these principles in all our affairs.

We do not just practice these principles in regard to our drinking problem. We practice them in all our affairs. We do not give one compartment of our lives to God and keep the other compartments to ourselves. We give our whole lives to God and we try to do His will in every respect. "Herein lies our growth, herein lies all the promise of the future, an ever widening horizon.

So ............

Do I carry the A.A. principles with me wherever I go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Decision Making

Self-pity is often rooted in the strong feeling that people or conditions have victimized us. "I never had a chance" and "You deceived me!" are common complaints that reveal self-pity. It is astonishing and humbling to learn that we always have choices, even when other people or bad conditions are grinding us down.

We choose our attitudes and responses. We have neither the power nor the right to control others, but we can choose to soften our attitudes toward them, and we can forgive and release people we don't like.
We can always choose how we want to think and feel. It may take effort to break the habit of feeling victimized and sorry for ourselves, but our higher power will show us the way if we decide that is what we really want.

I can always make choices that will enhance my life and place me on a better footing for the days ahead. Nobody can ruffle my feathers today or make me feel oppressed and victimized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy, Joyous and Free

We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free. We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. But it is clear that we made our own misery. God didn't do it. Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 133

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“In life, you can blame a lot of people and you can wallow in self-pity or you can pick yourself up and say listen, I have to be responsible for myself.” -- Howard Schultz

“Discontent, blaming, complaining, self-pity cannot serve as a foundation for a good future, no matter how much effort you make.” -- Eckhart Tolle

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote