View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 06:01 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Octber 4

Prayer for This Day

God, I’m agitated and doubtful right now.
Help me to stop and remember that I’ve made a decision to let You be my God.
Give me the right thoughts and actions.
God save me from fear, anger, worry, self-pity or foolish decisions that
Your will, not mine be done.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Step Four is, "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves." Step Five is, "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our, wrongs." Step Six is, "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character." Step Seven is, "Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings." Step Ten is, "Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it." In taking a personal inventory, we have to be absolutely honest with ourselves and with other people.

So ............

Have I taken an honest inventory of myself?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Order

Busy people often declare, with some exasperation, that they cannot do everything at once. People with emotional problems, often feel that they are trying to do everything at once. Quite often, this pressure means that we waste our time fretting about all the things facing us, becoming totally ineffective as a result.

In every situation or problem, there is always one step we can take that is more important than the others. Following that, we find a step of second importance, another of third importance, and so on. Sometimes, a certain action comes first simply because other things depend on it.

If we have to reduce our activities, we can decide which few ought to retain. Having made these decisions, we can be at peace about our choices. We cannot do everything at once and we need not feel guilty about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Light From A Prayer

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the
courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the
difference."

We treasure our "Serenity Prayer" because it brings a new light to us
that can dissipate our oldtime and nearly fatal habit of fooling
ourselves.

In the radiance of this prayer we see that defeat, rightly accepted,
need be no disaster. We now know that we do not have to run away,
nor ought we again try to overcome adversity by still another
bulldozing drive that can only push up obstacles before us faster than
they can be taken down.

“As Bill Sees It” Page 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” -- Jill Bolte Taylor
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote