View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Had a guy in my AA group who use to go around to people and say, "You owe me $5. you just took my inventory." He was in and out for many years, but he always came back, because he knew that was where the answer was. In the end, he lost his leg as a result of his disease, because he wouldn't surrender and give over. I know that I stayed sick for so long and I was lucky that I made it to recovery. I just couldn't seem to get that finger to join the rest in unity. It always had to be pointing at someone or something that was worse off than I was. I am not as bad as they are. I am not as bad as she is. Mine is better than that. The ego, the pride, and the self had to go. Recovery is about me, all about me, let it begin with me, not compared to you, but what I need to do for myself, then if you need help, I can share with you what worked for you. That is what happened tonight. A friend is quitting smoking. She called me because she is having a rough time and she knew I had been there. I could share with her what had helped me and gave her a few suggestions as to what she could use if what I used wasn't acceptable, I gave her choices.

I use my angel medication cards at least once a week to do an inventory, generally more often, depending on what is going on with me. If something bigger is going on, I generally bring out others.

As my sponsor always said, it isn't about him/her/them, it is always about you. Take your inventory and make things right with your God.

Posted on another site in 2012
As the slogan says, Let it begin with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote