View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:51 AM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, November 16, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

One is forever throwing away substance for shadows.
—Jennie Jerome Churchill

Sometimes we trade possessions with our friends. Maybe we want to add to our collection, or perhaps we just do it to get someone to like us. But if we try to buy friendship, we'll be sad later when we realize we've lost a prized possession and not gained a friend.

Our friendships come when we least expect them, often with people who have something in common with us. They will not be friendships we have to buy, but relationships to treasure and have for years. These friendships will teach us to respect ourselves and our friends.

Am I making good friends, or bad trades?
One of the few questions that I tend to query, as I think my God puts all people into our life for a reason, and I tend to look at things as good or bad for us in the moment, and if I meet a friend, they are such for life unless they choose otherwise. It doesn't matter if they never speak to me for the rest of my life, that is there choice. A friend is a friend and someone my God put in my life. I may may have to detach from them for my own sobriety and piece of mind in the moment, but that doesn't mean that they are no longer my friend. I don't see it as trading off friends. I think that is a very ugly thought.

Maybe my perception is off on this as it late and they mean something different, I hope so. I know they say, "Sell your soul to the devil to get a deal, but that isn't what I am referring too, maybe they are. Giving up a friend in order to make a new friend to obtain something else, like favour and kudos for something, is just not a game I play any more, I forget that those kinds of game are still being played. Trading on your friendship, to get something you want and feel you need, forgetting that God meets our needs and He doesn't play those games either.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links