Thread: Free From Envy
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Free From Envy

Free From Envy

John 3:22-29: “To this John replied, `A man can receive only what is given him from heaven… That joy is mine, and it is now complete’” (vv.27 and 29).

My friend, Donna, dreamed of being a recording artist. She longed to travel and sing sacred concerts. But her voice never developed enough to sustain a successful singing career. Each time she attended a concert she felt gnawing disappointment. This situation robbed her peace and joy.

In desperation Donna asked God to help her deal with the lost dream. One day she read how John’s followers came to tattle on Jesus. “He is baptizing and people are following him instead of you,” they said. They assumed John would be jealous and hurt. But John said, “It’s okay. I did my God-ordained job. Now Jesus is fulfilling his purpose.” Donna shared her response with me. “If I do what God wants me to do; and be who God wants me to be; then I need not envy anyone else,” she said. “No longer will I let lost dreams rob me of the joy of being me.”

We can learn from John the Baptist and Donna. Becoming the person God planned for us to be frees us from longing for someone else’s life, family, job or ministry. In this freedom-producing lifestyle we find peace and joy.

Lord, release me from
the energy-draining power of envy
and show me who you created me to be.

Joan C. Webb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links