View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #76
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Being diabetic, I not only have to look at the sugar and the calories, I have to check the label for chemicals and additives that are not good for me, especially artificial sugar. Diabetic Clinic said it was okay to drink diet cola, and yet health clinics and personal say it is a No! No!

Healthy choices can be as simple as going to bed instead of staying up on the computer. Going for a walk, even if it is down the hall and back. Eating my meals on time, taking my medication on time (difficult with me because of my sleeping disorder) i.e. If I slept 2-4 hours in the afternoon, there is no purpose taking my night medication at 11 p.m., pick up the phone and call your sponsor and if she is not available, then call someone else. Make that personal connection.

Recovery is making healthy choices. Just for today, I choose not to use any mind altering substance to stuff or take me away from who my God would have me be in today.

I choose to laugh and enjoy recovery. I have been given a second chance at life. It is a real gift, why sit in doom and gloom, when you can choose to change you and your attitude.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links