View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
yukonm
Administrator

August 25

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

...it was Dr. Bob's afternoon off - he had me to the office and we spent three or four hours formally going through the Six-Step program as it was at that time. The six steps were:
1. Complete deflation.
2. Dependence and guidance from a Higher Power.
3. Moral inventory.
4. Confession.
5. Restitution.
6. Continued work with other alcoholics.

Dr. Bob led me through all of these steps. At the moral inventory, he brought up several of my bad personality traits or character defects, such as selfishness, conceit, jealousy, carelessness, intolerance, ill-temper, sarcasm, and resentments. We went over these at great length, and then he finally asked me if I wanted these defects of character removed. When I said yes, we both knelt at his desk and prayed, each of us asking to have these defects taken away. - Pg. 263 - 4th. Edition - He Sold Himself Short

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

How are you feeling right now? Do you have flash reactions to everybody and everything? If we give ourselves a few minuets by counting to 10, we will give ourselves the gift of time so we can stop helping others control us by triggering negative behavior reactions.

Higher Power, may I have the presence of mind to count to 10 slowly before reacting to negative triggers from others?

Helplessness and Rage

When I feel I can do nothing to correct the situation I am in, to cure the disease that has taken so much from me I can collapse into a place of helplessness and rage. And when I get into that place I am an emotional, quivering heap, an accident waiting to happen, a powder keg waiting to explode when ignited by just about anything. This disease hurts so much. It makes me feel crazy. It makes me want to scream at people and call them idiots. But I have been down that road before, many times, and it gets me nowhere and does no one else any good. Today, I will humble myself before the power of this disease to destroy lives. I will recognize my own powerlessness. I will invite God and time and prayer in.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

We hug a lot. This can make newcomers uncomfortable because they are not used to being given love and attention without serious strings attached. By your example, you can teach them there are no strings to this love.

A hug is a great gift. One size fits all.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

People who seek a sponsor without faults, will be without a sponsor.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am so pleased with all the growth that I am experiencing.

It is OK to feel good about myself; and I do.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

The counselor said: 'You're full of denial.' I said; 'No I'm not.' - Tony.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: