View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Many look at it as okay, because they are not using their drug of choice. I see that as self-justification.

I tried substitution, and in the end I was using both. Pills were like dried up alcohol. The substance is but a symptom of my disease. It is my dis-ease and my thinking behind the using that I had to address and change. Many people I know in AA, turned to gambling. It is an addiction too. The thing applies to food. They have a void left as a result of stopping drugs, so they reach to food to fill that void.

When I quit smoking, I couldn't quit until I found a spiritual solution. I went to NA and look at the word narcotic as nicotine, which is just another drug. I also found that coffee didn't didn't taste good without a cigarette, so I quit the coffee except for an occasional social one. Caffeine can be an addiction too. I remember at one time in early recovery, I made 2-3 pots of coffee a day.

For me it is that feeling of more, that tells me I am heading back into addictive thinking.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote