View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #36
yukonm
Administrator

March 30

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Of necessity there will have to be discussion of matters medical, psychiatric, social, and religious. We are aware that these matters are, from their very nature, controversial. Nothing would please us so much as to write a book which would contain no basis for contention or argument. We shall do our utmost to achieve that ideal. - Pg. 19 - There Is A Solution

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Any of us who feel insecure, inferior, or unattractive may think we drink and take other drugs to counteract this. We do drugs compulsively because we are addicted and not for other reasons; other reasons are only rationales.

May I understand that fixing the 'rationales' in my life will not stop my disease. Not picking up will stop alcoholism and other addictions.

Endless Opportunities

I can start over each day. I can start over each hour of each day. The universe is impersonal in that sense. It's always waiting for me to tell it what I want. Like attracts like. I tell the world what I want more of, by what I am thinking and feeling right now, right this minute. Today, every hour on the hour, I will allow myself to see something positive about my day. I'll let myself send out an order by my pleasant thoughts and feelings for more of the same. When I catch myself heading down a negative path I'll stop and consciously observe what is going through my mind. Life is full of chances and so is my day. I can start it over any time I want to.

I shift my life a thought at a time

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

We came here for our drugging and stay in part for hugging.

Hugs are one way the fellowship demonstrates to me that it isn't 'me' and 'you' anymore, it's 'we' and 'us.'

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Don't worry about tomorrow, your Higher Power is already there.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

My Higher Power is guiding me with my positive attitude today. Negatives are something I no longer choose to live with. I feel positive strength pour through me as I release all negative thoughts.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I drank to three points: Until I passed out, blacked out, or got knocked out. - JoJo S.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: