View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
yukonm
Administrator

August 21

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

When we decide who is to hear our inventory and we are prepared for a long talk. We explain to our partner what we are about to do and why we have to do it. He should realize that we are engaged upon a life-and-death errand. Most people approached in this way will be glad to help; they will be honored by our confidence.
We pocket our pride and go to it, illuminating every twist of character, every dark cranny of the past. Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we are delighted. We can look the world in the eye. We can be alone at perfect peace and ease. Our fears fall from us. We begin to feel the nearness or our Creator. We may have had certain spiritual beliefs, but now we begin to have a spiritual experience. The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly. We feel we are on the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe. - Pg. 75 - Into Action

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

When we feel that fate has dealt us a bad hand with chemical dependency, we simply remember that many people have MS, or cancer, or diabetes, or lupus, or heart disease, or. There are many diseases that people have for a lifetime. We simply do what we have to in order to obtain and maintain remission.

When I tend to pity myself, let me count my blessings. I have a chronic disease that is easily put in remission with abstinence. Others are not so lucky.

Alone

I will not try to get better all by myself. Trauma and depression are diseases of isolation, they make you want to withdraw, recoil and isolate. I will reach out and ask for help. I will go to meetings and let the program wash over me. I will accept 'the kindness of strangers.' I am not bigger than my disease; my disease is huge, pervasive and powerful. But I don 't have to face it alone nor should I.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Do it right the first time. If you don't have the time to do something right, when will you have the time to do it over?

It takes less time for me to do something right, than to explain to my sponsor why I did it wrong.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Keep an open mind, something may fall in.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

God is guiding me in all my thoughts and plans and actions.

I have given up all my struggling and self-defeating messages and have turned over all my thoughts to the power and energy of goodness and love.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

If everything is coming your way...you're in the wrong lane. - Anon.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote