View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #11
yukonm
Administrator

February 11

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

But what about the real alcoholic? He may start off as a moderate drinker; he may or may not become a continuous hard drinker; but at some stage of his drinking career he begins to lose all control of his liquor consumption, once he starts to drink. - Pg. 21 - There Is A Solution

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Even when we consciously don't think we want to get high, our disease of addiction works through our subconscious and calls, 'what do they know; just one won't hurt; well, if they're going to be like that!' Our subconscious pops silly excuses for using into our minds. We must learn to recognize and neutralize these thoughts.

May my subconscious 'arguments' that subtly tell me to use, have no power to influence my true goal of staying clean and clear.

I Can Lift My Own Spirits

I will lift my own spirits today. I will look for that place in me that is still and serene, that isn't just constantly in response mode. Somewhere there is a constant, meditative place where the little and even the even big concerns of the day slip away and become less important. A place where life is just life and I can breathe in and out of a place of inner calm. Life doesn't have to prove itself to me today for me to treasure it. It is enough that I am here, that I have my freedom of thought and movement. I will appreciate the life I have.

I am connected with the divine

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

People who seek a sponsor without faults, will be without a sponsor.

I know that my sponsor is willing to make mistakes, if I am willing to learn from them.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Focus on the program, not the problem.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Even in moments of doubting I know that my Higher Power has been guiding me on my path today.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I wanted to be Clint Eastwood but I was more like Woody Allen. - Trip S.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: