View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 4

Practice of the Day-
BB pg 18-19-
Ch 2- There Is A Solution:
But the ex-problem drinker who has found this solution, who is properly armed with facts about himself, can generally win the entire confidence of another alcoholic in a few hours. Until such an understanding is reached, little or nothing can be accomplished.
That the man who is making the approach has had the same difficulty, that he obviously knows what he is talking about, that his whole deportment shouts at the new prospect that he is a man with a real answer, that he has no attitude of Holier Than Thou, nothing whatever except the sincere desire to be helpful; that there are no fees to pay, no axes to grind, no people to please, no lectures to be endured-these are the conditions
we have found most effective. After such an approach many take up their beds and walk again.

-Tom- one of the most Powerful things my sponsor ever said to me was “Tom, you do not ever have to drink again if you don’t want to.”
He was looking at me dead in the eyes and said it with absolute confidence.
He didn’t say I wouldn’t think about it, or even at times I might want to. He said I did not have to. Alcoholics and addicts understand the difference
between the 2.
There were times before AA, that I absolutely had to drink, no matter what the potential consequence or situation, I had to have a drink.
This is another reason we only use “I” statements when sharing our experience, strength and hope.
After living the 12 Steps myself, I can look at a newcomer and guarantee them that they can stay sober just like me, we just have to follow
The Directions.
I pray that today I keep it Simple and follow Good Orderly Direction.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote